Native Access 3.12.0 won't open

Answers

• A_K_F
    A_K_F Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 5

I'm really curious to see when NI will finally make a statement on the subject.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 266 Advisor

Same here. NA won't open on windows 11 home.

No big surprise that NI get it wrong yet again.

Waiting for a response from them.

• Mark Oxley
    Mark Oxley Member Posts: 266 Advisor
    edited July 5

Installed the latest x64 c++ redist package without reinstalling NTKDaemon and can confirm that NA (3.12.0) opens and appears to function for me.

Thanks flownez.

• PeterB49
    PeterB49 Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 5

Yep, also just installed the x64 c++ redist package and solved it.

Don´t know why c++ wasn´t updated before.

Please NI add this c++ Info to the offical NA release Page and add c++ to the installer next time.

• dadodeva
    dadodeva Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

FINALLY!!! I just installed https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe and now it opens the program. THANK YOU

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,509 mod
    edited July 5

Good morning all, we've seen a lot of similar cases. We're investigating the issue.

From early reports, and especially thanks to @flownez, it seems that installing the latest C++ redistribution package fixes the issue:

Microsoft web page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170#latest-microsoft-visual-c-redistributable-version

Installer: https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

• PeterB49
    PeterB49 Member Posts: 22 Member

Please NI add this c++ Info to the offical NA release Page and add c++ to the installer next time.

• ZDPhoenix
    ZDPhoenix Member Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 5

This is wild and tragic. This has been a problem with Native Access for literal years now. It feels like NI outright refuses to make "working" be the top priority, giving lip-service to addressing consistent support issues.

This is what I wrote down and saved to the bottom of my Maschine Studio, the last time I got Native Access to work from this apparently recurring issue.

1. Run Revo Uninstaller to uninstall everything related to NA/NI and clean registry.- (Yes, you had to. Yes, that was the only way it worked for you.)
    2. Restart.
    3. Ensure nothing remains of NI/NA, including NTK Daemon that checks notes "totally has never been the problem, ever ever ;) ". This took you 2 checks.
    4. Install the most recent NA.
    5. Check each instrument one by one. Do not trust their install process to work.
    6. If an Instrument or Effect bugs out NA, repeat 1-3 specifically for that instrument.
    7. Skip that instrument/effect.

From November of 2022 I had 4 months of fighting with Native Access. Anytime I let my NI instruments sit for more than a few days, I'd have to do stuff like the steps above, or reinstall a previous version of NA, only to finally give up on both: the vicious cycle of NI's lack of Quality Assurance, and using almost 2 decades (Komplete 3 / OG Kore user here) of instruments at the end of last year.
    I hate that I bought Komplete 14 Collectors and couldn't use it for more than a few weeks, over constant issues with Native Access.

• A_K_F
    A_K_F Member Posts: 12 Member

The biggest question that arises: How can it happen that this wasn't seen and investigated before rolling out the new version? There is something completely wrong with your beta testing procedures.

• olafmol
    olafmol Member Posts: 183 Pro

what a mess. And customers are the ones debugging and doing the Q&A work for them. NI should be ashamed.

• Thalys
    Thalys Member Posts: 6 Member

WARNING : Installing the x64 c++ redist given as a workaround won't help for me, NA 3.12 again won't start on my PC WIN10 PRO latest update… ☹️
    After system restore NA 3.11.1 works as usual

• GabrielaS
    GabrielaS Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 5

same here! Win 10 64

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,561 Expert

@Thalys Can you please check and report which version(s) of the C++ package you currently have on your system (with 3.11.1)?