Native Access 3.12.0 won't open

Answers

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 141 Advisor

Why do they keep updating the installer? I imagine it’s supposedly fixing bugs but how much time and effort does it take to have a functional installer? This has been a perpetual issue. Anyone who still wants their creative apps tied to something these companies can touch on their computer are crazy imo.

• guyinashirt
    guyinashirt Member Posts: 8 Newcomer

I'm having the same issue with Native Access 3.12.0. I'm on an up-to-date Windows 11 Pro PC BTW.

I had opened Native Access this morning after purchasing Guitar Rig 7 and NA said it wanted to restart and update. After I did that, it stopped opening.

I've uninstalled, deleted the various "native access" folders and cleaned the registry, rebooted and then re-installed. Still it wont open.

I want to download the previous version but I must have deleted it from my recycle bin when I did disk cleanup.

I'm assuming NI knows about this (or will find out soon) and they'll fix it.

• guyinashirt

Windows 11 Pro

• guyinashirt

I don't think it's the installer that has issues. The installer just gets the latest version of Native Access and I think the latest version of that has the issue.

• guyinashirt

You can't. Plus, I don't think it matters what version of the installer you use. The installer just installs the latest version of Native Access, which is what has the issue.

• Mr. J
    Mr. J Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

How do you BLOCK updates. I will use the previous version…cause IT WORKS! I Am on a pc..windows 10 no previous issues with Access.

• pcafe
    pcafe Member Posts: 6 Member

Simplest way is.. after closing NA, windows will ask if you want to allow Native Instruments to make changes to your device… NO. That stops the update.

If you have firewall that is monitoring connections, you track the program and block it.

• pcafe
    pcafe Member Posts: 6 Member

If you have a previous Native Access 2 . exe file it will install the old version.

• Ross Humphries
    Ross Humphries Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Just bought Mint but native access won't open, of course I can't download my instrument. Why don't you guys fix it?

• A_K_F
    A_K_F Member Posts: 12 Member

That really is incredible. If an update that was promised to solely bring more stability causes such problems, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way software is developed and rolled out.

• Eric M
    Eric M Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 5

Same here

3.12.0 isn’t working for me. Used Acronis to revert back.
    Windows 10

• Marco Tamburini
    Marco Tamburini Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

On my desktop (Win 11) NA 3.11. works fine. On my laptop (Win 11) first I encounterd the issue that some softwares disappears on NA (Reaktor); and these softwares begin to run only on demo mode. I tried to reinstall NA (the latest version) and the result is NA don't start (and some software continues to run only in demo mode, others, Kontact Player, no).

• Eric M
    Eric M Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 5

Seems like a bit of a catch 22. The updating app (Native Access 3.12.0) isn’t working on many systems, but you need the updating app (Native Access 3.12.0) to install a fix😬