S4MK3 & S3: Performance MOD (qml coding)

Comments

• Sûlherokhh
    Sûlherokhh Member, Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 2,544 mod

No. It can't be changed without altering the code in the files. I'm thinking about just making it white, becoming red when fader lock is active.

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper

trying it out right now, wow!!! shifting through the colors is amazing!!! don't worry about the pitch fader being blue. don't mess with it, i can live with it but it stands out and keeps integrity of the s4. no need to mess with it unless you want to but it looks fine. love the changing of the colors and loop over righting into green. you are amazing. i definitely get you some coffee!!!

• Razzor
    Razzor Member Posts: 7 Member

Nothing more to say here! I keep smiling every time i open Traktor with an updated version.

So many innovative features. I'm very happy to found this post a week ago!

Keep going and shock us with your ideas @Sûlherokhh !

• Sûlherokhh

@Razzor

Is there a way to display the original track bpm and the current bpm, but bigger? Sometimes the size is hard to see on these displays?

I'm thinking about a pop-up display (like with jog tension) whenever you adjust the deck tempo.

Many mixers have a FX select knob, to change the current FX to channel 1 to 4. On the S4 MK3 we have these arrows for that. But the master FX channel is missing. To activate FX bank 1 or 2 to all four channels.

Well, you used overmapping for that, which is quite good on it's own. I think it's too complicated for initial users, particularly because the S4 does not have LED feedback that will indicate this unmistakably. So i'm not going to bother.

Is there a way to program a key, to switch throught the tempo fader rage, like on the CDJ 3000? I mix on 4% on most of the times, but to switch through would be a nice additive. Or is it generally not possible to change features from the "Preferences Menu"?

Just like overmapping assignments are available for FX Unit assignments, there is also an assignment to adjust the tempo range (up/down or a specific value) for buttons/keys. Look it up in the controller manager.

I just tested you sync functions...

Dammm boy, this is epic! I was often annoyed to change the tempo of a acapella or so to a range of 20+ bpm on 4% sensitivity, but now i can sync the tempo to the main song, without using active sync! Just epic!

Isn't it? :)

I've used this function when the S4Mk1 first came out using the controller manager. It's just so convenient.

• Sûlherokhh

Small Update:

• Fixed the Cue button colour (i just forgot to adjust the colour code); seems none of you noticed. 😋
    • Set PitchFader Indicator LED to WHITE.

Have a go!

• VityaT
    VityaT Member Posts: 40 Helper

Haven’t visited this thread before because there’s not a word about S3 in the title, but such miracles happen here with exactly S3! @pixel your are the don!

Just tested your mod and it is great! I don't need all the features and going to switch off some of them, but the ideas themself - great!

Big thank you!

Of course big thankyou to mighty @Sûlherokhh

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 16

When the latest S3 mod is in shape, i'll put it in post #1 (and title), so it's easier to find. Maybe NI should send me a spare S3 for testing, just to help keep their equipment alive. 😁

• pixel
    pixel Member Posts: 148 Advisor

I have updated my files (Traktor Kontrol S3)😃

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • Jogwheel Browsing (VIEW-JOGWHEEL) (Big Jumps VIEW-SHIFT+JOGWHEEL)
    • VinylBreak (SHIFT+PLAY)
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter (MOVE_TOUCH+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop) (SHIFT+GRID+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • scratchBlink (play button)
    • DeckTypeSwitch (Deck: A,B,C SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through 1-3 deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Track Deck). (Deck: D SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through all deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Live Deck ➔ Track Deck). (EXT) Switch MIC D - LINE
    • Loop Adjust (Loop-In: SHIFT+GRID) (Loop-Out: SHIFT+JOG) (Jogwheel Turn: (while in active Loop) hold SHIFT+GRID or SHIFT+JOG (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) with the Jog Wheel. Jogwheel LED turns green.) (Move Encoder Turn: (while in active Loop) hold SHIFT+GRID or SHIFT+JOG (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) by exactly 1 beat.
    • Sync Tap: BPM is set to Master BPM aka TempoSync. Sync is not activated. If Sync is already active it will be turned off.
    • Sync Hold (>0.2sec): Sync Toggle. If Sync status is released, Tempo is reset to +/- 0%.
    • Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT when Sync is activated. - GREEN (Tempo & Phase in sync, both with tiny error margins for beat juggling), - LIME (Tempo in sync but out of phase), RED (not in sync & out of phase)
    • SHIFT+Sync Tap: Deck TempoMaster toggle (ON/OFF).
    • SHIFT+Sync Hold (>0.2sec): Master Clock AUTO toggle.
    • SHIFT Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT GREEN (deck is TempoMaster), - LIME (Master Clock AUTO is not active, deck is not TempoMaster), RED (Master Clock AUTO is active, deck is not TempoMaster)
    • Preview Button: Can be used both in HOLD as well as TOGGLE modes. As long as the Preview Player is loaded, the Browse Encoder seeks through the track. Loading a track into a deck will now also unload the Preview Player.
    • View Button: HOLD button to use as SHIFT for Browse Encoder only, as well as TOGGLE browser view.
    • SHIFT+View: Toggle original Jogwheel behaviour (i.e. Jogwheel does not scroll playlist, has deck colour, turns when track is playing and allows pitchbending and scratching). Setting will be saved between sessions.
    • MixerFX 4 colour changed from YELLOW to LIME (better visibility and difference to Filter's LIGHTORANGE).
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Loop Encoder Turn: Adjust GUI zoom factor. Push Encoder to reset to -0.75

Big thanks goes to Sûlherokhh

(If you think the mod is great, please send a coffee to Sûlherokhh)

Please create a backup of the original files

• Sûlherokhh

S4MK3 Performance Mod V11:

Update:

• Deck colour cycling: Pitch fader indicator LED now responds to deck colour (thanks @pixel !), as do all other deck coloured LED's. Settings are stored in mapping.

Description and link here: Version 11

See you next week...

• Merman
    Merman Member Posts: 16 Member

@Sûlherokhh Love your work, bro! Solid

• pixel
    edited April 21

I have updated my files (Traktor Kontrol S3)😃

Deck features:

• Jogwheel Beatcounter LED
    • Jogwheel Browsing (VIEW-JOGWHEEL) (Big Jumps (VIEW)-(SHIFT+JOGWHEEL))
    • VinylBreak (SHIFT+PLAY)
    • Jogwheel LED PhaseMeter (SHIFT+DECK+MOVE_TOUCH+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • DeckUnload (only at deck stop) (SHIFT+GRID+LOOP_TOUCH)
    • scratchBlink (play button)
    • Sync Tap: BPM is set to Master BPM aka TempoSync. Sync is not activated. If Sync is already active it will be turned off.
    • Sync Hold (>0.2sec): Sync Toggle. If Sync status is released, Tempo is reset to +/- 0%.
    • Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT when Sync is activated. - GREEN (Tempo & Phase in sync, both with tiny error margins for beat juggling), - LIME (Tempo in sync but out of phase), RED (not in sync & out of phase)
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Tap: Deck TempoMaster toggle (ON/OFF).
    • (SHIFT+Sync) Hold (>0.2sec): Master Clock AUTO toggle.
    • (SHIFT) Sync LED Feedback: BRIGHT GREEN (deck is TempoMaster), - LIME (Master Clock AUTO is not active, deck is not TempoMaster), RED (Master Clock AUTO is active, deck is not TempoMaster)   
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Loop Encoder (Turn): Adjust GUI zoom factor. (Push Encoder) to reset to -0.75
    • Hold DECK (A, B, C or D) + Move Encoder (Turn): Cycle through all 17 deck colours! (Push Encoder) to reset.

Track/Stem deck features:

• Loop-In: (SHIFT+GRID)
    • Loop-Out: (SHIFT+JOG)
    • Jogwheel Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) with the Jog Wheel. Jogwheel LEDs turns green.)
    • Move Encoder Turn: (while in active Loop) hold (SHIFT+GRID) or (SHIFT+JOG) (or both) to adjust Loop-In or Loop-Out (or both) by exactly 1 beat.

Mixer channel features:

• DeckTypeSwitch (Deck: A,B,C SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through 1-3 deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Track Deck). (Deck: D SHIFT+EXT) Cycles through all deck types, as long as the corresponding deck is not playing (Track Deck ➔ Remix Deck ➔ Stem Deck ➔ Live Deck ➔ Track Deck).
    • Switch MIC D - LINE (EXT) (automatically switches Deck D type to Live Input)

Browser features:

• Preview Button: Can be used both in HOLD as well as TOGGLE modes. As long as the Preview Player is loaded, the Browse Encoder seeks through the track. Loading a track into a deck will now also unload the Preview Player.
    • View Button: HOLD button to use as (SHIFT) for Browse Encoder only, as well as TOGGLE browser view.
    • SHIFT+View: Toggle original Jogwheel behaviour (i.e. Jogwheel does not scroll playlist, has Cyan colour, turns when track is playing and allows pitchbending and scratching). Setting will be saved between sessions.

Other changes:

• MixerFX 4 colour changed from YELLOW to LIME (better visibility and difference to Filter's LIGHTORANGE).
    • Standard deck colors (A, B): Cyan, (C, D): LightOrange

Big thanks goes to Sûlherokhh

(If you think the mod is great, please send a coffee to Sûlherokhh)

Please create a backup of the original files

Edit: Update with a vital bugfix.

• Sûlherokhh

I updated the original post as well as my signature to include @pixel's S3 variant. :)

• pixel

@Sûlherokhh

I am pleased that I was able to contribute a small part to your great free project.😀

and thank you very much, I learned a lot of new things about the TRAKTOR WORLD.🤗

I hope your project stays going for a long time😎

• Sûlherokhh
    edited April 22

Update:

• Back to coding.
    • Next up will be a Phase-Meter that automatically pops up at the top when adjusting the tempo/pitch. It's already looking really good. Need to fiddle with the display details.
    • Looking into an even better display for BPM/Tempo to make beatjuggling easier.
    • On-the-fly cycling through 6 different waveform colour combinations on my menu.
    • Still exploring visibility of displaying active cues (including loop-in and loop-out cues) on the stripe for better orientation, as well as minute markers.

Also, thank you guys for your support. ❤️

• djvic91
    djvic91 Member Posts: 84 Helper

I really mean this, thank you for all the work you’ve done and for listening to our suggestions. That really means a lot. Thank you.