NKS Development Discussion

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,628 mod
    edited March 31

Although not sure there is a way to efficiently update all existing presets with the new mapping at that point… might need to build a new script.

Thanks that sounds OK then. If you do have a more complete mapping I can apply it to them all. I ended up not being satisfied with any of my attempts to map this one though but it's god to have the presets and previews all the same.

I've added it to the User lib now - great to have another person on board in this endeavour :)

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod

@Mercury hey buddy, Cherry Audio CR-78 error at NI Resources / image:

MST_Arwork instead of MST_Artwork

thus, no image preview on Komplete Kontrol.

Easily can be fixed by anyone, but it should be corrected in the archive. 😉

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 102 Advisor
    edited April 1

Hi Sunborn, thanks 👍️

my bad, I'll fix it. It's T time 😃

…. Done !

• ToniBarth
    ToniBarth Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hello everyone,

I was told that I might have a chance to find someone who can create NKS presets for certain libraries here and thought I'd give it a try ;).

I recently purchased a Spitfire Audio library called Mercury. This library falls into the category of "we generally try to do NKS yes, but we didn't for this library", which is sad, but it is what it is. Does someone have this library by accident and might be able to create presets for it? I'd be up to toss a coin your way to keep your coffein flowing ;).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

• TallerThanPenguins
    TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 30 Member

I did create some presets/previews for this and am currently working on Jupiter as well - both use the Solar engine and so unfortunately I have not figured out how to separate them into their own libraries (currently just separating into banks).

That said I'm running into issues QAing the set - it seems that there's a high chance of bad audio previews getting saved for these in my current workflow so I'm having to go back through at the moment to make sure they are accurate.

If anyone has instructions (I did not see this in @Mercury 's tutorials) on how to update the product name (I've seen others do it for UVI libraries) for the presets so they don't all just show as "Solar" that would be wonderful to see...

• Vagus
    Vagus Member Posts: 448 Guru
  • TallerThanPenguins
    TallerThanPenguins Member Posts: 30 Member

Oh wow - somehow I missed that you had it in your folder. Will check that out. If you are showing this as its own library how did you get presets saved as "Solar" to show as Mercury? I will focus my efforts on the Jupiter library.

• Kymeia
  • Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

Reason will tell what is missing if any (they are free):

Tonic Mint Player for Octave switch

Robotic Bean CV Switch

Electric Panda CV Janitor.

I created a combinator slider that can switch between four Audiomatic modes. You need the CV devices for that. You can set the CV Janitor to different CV values and you can then choose other Audiomatic presets from the KK knob.

• Rikk Show
    Rikk Show Member Posts: 102 Helper

Here are NKS for the new fun Amigo Sampler, 8-bit crunch. It just came out and they need to fix display updates and a few more things. It is £10GBP if you wonder. Very good real u-law resampling (no fake bit-crushing) so think Ensoniq Mirage, Casio RZ-1, Linn, etc.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,882 Expert

Now Available: TAL Audio Tal-Pha

Library contains all factory presets including expansions for TAL-Pha VST with detailed tagging, full controller map, previews and artwork/database files including artwork for the latest MK3 keyboard.

• Vagus

@Kymeia Might be a good idea to start a closed thread with updates of things available in the User Library, so users can quickly find it?

I know I can browse the user library drive, but some have created NKS for things that have already been done recently, so it might save a lot of time. Just a suggestion though - much like the NKS2 compatible, or VST Migration list?

• Kymeia

Yes good idea, also it would be good to have more mods because I'm not sure I have enough time to keep on top of every new development so if anyone is interested?

• Vagus
    edited April 5

I'm always here, so happy to help moderate this area. The whole place, not so much - but this, happy to lend a hand.

Also, to save a LOT of work, it may be worth listing manfacturers, with links to the folder in User Library, because that's way easier to keep updated.