BUG - I can't relocate samples in Battery 4 - (BT4-2680)

portthames
portthames Member Posts: 47 Member
edited January 2023 in Battery 4

Please help. When loading my DAW on a nw laptop Battery 4 doesn't find samples which are located in exactly the same place and drive.

The new laptop is Mac the previous PC and using the same DAW and same drive but Battery 4 doesn't see it.

I'd really appreciate help to find a easier way for Battery to read files between PC & Mac other than having to locate all for every single project.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

We created a Knowledge Base article with a workaround for this bug: I Can't Relocate Missing Samples in BATTERY 4.2.0

We are aware it's only a workaround. The bug is still present in the latest version of Battery (4.3.0). We reached out to the responsible teams for further information on the topic and we'll update when we get new information to share.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod

Maybe @D-One can help he uses mac, but i fear the folder/file structure is different on both os. So you have to do it once and then save the project. But let's hope there is a solution.

Uwe

• portthames
  • portthames

Just bumping this, I'd love some pointers how to remedy it.

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin

@Jeremy_NI Should be able to check this out 🙏

• Jeremy_NI

Hey @portthames Are these samples from the Factory library or user samples ? What is the format of the external hard drive ? What DAW are you using ? Can you post a screenshot of the error message ?

• portthames
    edited April 2022

Hey @Jeremy_NI

• It happens with both B4 library samples and 3rd party samples, both aren't found.
    • The drive format is NTFS
    • Cubase, (but the issue is DAW agnostic)

Sure, the screen is attached below.

FYI, if I manually find the samples, then reopen another Cubase project file (an earlier version of that track for e.g.) Battery remembers the locations until DAW reset and the samples load at start.

Thanks

• Uwe303

Ahh ok I thought that all where your own samples, you can fix it with batch re-save, for libraries. https://www.native-instruments.com/ni-tech-manuals/battery-manual/en/missing-samples try it and report back

Uwe

• portthames
    edited April 2022

@Uwe303 Thanks, though I don't see anything specifically about 'batch resave' there, anyway the issue is a bit baffling as it happens with both library and 3rd party.

• Uwe303

Batch resave is under tools, you then point to the folder where all samples are and it then should reconnect them to the database or something like that.

Uwe

• portthames
    edited April 2022

I don't yet see the option for that in B4, but I remember it being in Kontakt.

• Uwe303

Have you opened B4 stand alone?

Uwe

• portthames
    edited April 2022

Thanks, I'll have to double-check this method, I don't want to overwrite the samples what I have. I just want B4 to behave 'consistently' between platforms. A rewrite here from the Mac may break the Windows dependencies. As per below it seems to overwrite the files.

"Batch Resave: Converts a batch of selected samples to make them compatible with BATTERY 4. This is useful if you have old samples from BATTERY 3 or MASCHINE. Follow the onscreen instructions once you have selected this option."

Has anyone else had this issue/or know how to get it working?

• Jeremy_NI
    edited April 2022

Hey @portthames I'm afraid using the same drive for both Mac and PC will always bring this kind of issues. File structures are not the same, Battery will never find them back automatically. A workaround would be to save the Battery kits (with samples) you have used in a project within the Cubase project folder you are sharing between your 2 computers.

• portthames
    edited April 2022

Hey @Jeremy_NI

Thanks for the reply.

Though, the issue is even stranger than just the different platforms.

Firstly, this doesn't happen with anything else, only Battery. All the other instruments that rely on the same platform recall it OK, for e.g. Kontakt.

Finally, even when I find the samples manually then close the DAW, then reopen the newly saved project, the new samples are still missing despite having been saved previously.

• Uwe303

Have you tried the "apply to other battery instances" option? Have you opened battery 4 stand alone once, so it can scan for all libraries and create the database, maybe that can be an issue. Normally you should open all plugins, that have a stand alone version, once stand alone.

Uwe