Sampler improvements

Options

Comments

• bloodysnare
    bloodysnare Member Posts: 14 Helper
    Options

Someone mentioned the ability to rename audio inputs, and I have to say that would be really great, instead of the awkward nomenclature Maschine currently uses. It would make things so much simpler for those with external instruments and mic setups in their studios.

• TeamBrooklyn
    TeamBrooklyn Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

There's a stem creator y'all made years ago can we get that stem creator inside the sampler that would be a game changer

• TeamBrooklyn
    Options

Please add this to the sampler as a function

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,947 mod
    edited January 13
    Options

Thats to create stems (a file format) that only traktor can use and nothing else, it's not to create/separate stems from already made music/samples, it doesn't make any sense to add it to the sampler.

• pauljames510
    pauljames510 Member Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 14
    Options

Timestretch one shot samples with different algorithms. Similar to how FL Studio sampler can allow you to play any one-shot sample across all keys at different pitches with time stretching applied. Elastique, pro, etc...

For audio plugin, add the ability to auto-warp audio dragged in. Have this toggled so you can bypass. I like the Ableton feature where you can drag a song in and it will automatically stretch the song to match the tempo of the session. This even warps the audio to the grid. I guess that means warp markers would need to be added.

For audio plugin and sampler add the ability separate audio into stems like in serato, FL, and now MPC.

More audio editing options. Multicolor waveforms like serato. Apply audio effects in the editor like vari-fi in pro-tools for tape stop.

• TheGhost
    TheGhost Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    • key detection
    • stem separation

Keep the key detection shown throughout the whole project.... & BPM easily sync with project!!!! & STEMS PLEASE!!!!

• TeamBrooklyn
    Options

I understand its for Traktor lol , the point of showing this is that the have the framework for the app made now just make it so it takes wav files which it does... and have it as a audio plugin within the sampler, load a sample separate it and then apply to pads, its a literal game changer for the sample producer

• Jano ISOTOPE
    Jano ISOTOPE Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

My understanding in the Traktor stem workflow is that it adds separate stem files to sum them to do a complete mix rather than the other way round.

What you are describing here (if I understand you) is an easy and integrated way to separate stems from a stereo mix file.

Looks pretty much like spectralayers to me

• D-One
    edited January 14
    Options

I'd love to have this option! Not sure how this could be implemented tho.. maybe a button combo?

On longer chops I always change the Start point so i can focus on setting the END point right, and then I have go put the Start point back to where it was - It's a bit of an annoying workaround.

Pressing a button to fit zoom in the start/end sample selection would also be great, most of the time i waste in the Sampler is zooming in and out and scrolling around to find where I am, so-to-peak.

• Don1990
    Don1990 Member Posts: 67 Member
    Options

Yeah I fully agree. However, implementing this would be very easy by just having the pad next to it play close to the END point. I know for a fact that I've used a controller that did this, might be the MPC's? Right now when you press the pad next to it, it switches to that sound. But how many times do you need to switch fast like that? I would say press SELECT and then the pad to switch the SAMPLING mode to that pad. So instead of having access to all other pads when entering SAMPLING mode, just have it enter in full EDIT mode so that the pads turn into 'controller pads' for the SAMPLING window.

• D-One
    edited January 14
    Options

@Don1990

However, implementing this would be very easy by just having the pad next to it play close to the END point.

What do you mean "next to it" ? The pad before? The pad after? either option would not work either for Pad-1 or Pad-16, one does not have any Pad before it and the other no Pad after it. 🤷‍♂️

Im also unsure what a good percentage of the start of the sample should be ignored, 90% could be great/terrible depending on how long the sample is, or any other arbitrary percentage.

Right now when you press the pad next to it, it switches to that sound. But how many times do you need to switch fast like that?

All the time for me as i need to hear how the samples in the different pads work with each other to make decisions on how to set the start/end points. Fast switching is super important to me and one of the main reasons I like Maschine slicing over all other Samplers I've tried. Others might disagree tho, depends how people use things.

Anyway, i just asked out of curiosity in case you had implementations in mind.

• Don1990
    Don1990 Member Posts: 67 Member
    Options

@D-One Hmm you're right, not everyone uses Maschine the same way. Then a button combo would be the best bet. OR, whenever you move the END point it plays the end. Maybe even add a function in the menu to turn this on/off for people who find this annoying.

This discussion has been closed.