Is it possible to re-map the MIDI controllers?

Magolor
Magolor Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

Tested by recording in Cubase, I found that the MIDI controllers at the top of M32 are mapped to MIDI 80 ~ 87 by default for smart pre-map as advertised.

However, in normal workflow I would prefer mapping the controller buttons to usual MIDI controls (i.e., 1 2 4 7 10 11 14 64 for me). Is there a way to do that?

Also, a small secondary question: as an owner of K13 CE, is the gifted K13 SELECT and the M32 Collection bundle completely of no use to me? What should I do with them?

Thank you!

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,531 Expert

Do you see this button:

If so, click it and behold:

You can set/change the parameters as needed and save as a template.

If you do not see that symbol then I guess it's not possible for the M series, would need an S series or maybe stick the kettle on and wait a few years for this to be a thing possibly.

Also, a small secondary question: as an owner of K13 CE, is the gifted K13 SELECT and the M32 Collection bundle completely of no use to me?

Basically. The select bundle that comes with the keyboards is for users that don't have any Komplete content already. If you have K13 CE then you have everything in the poor mans bundle

What should I do with them?

Well they are worth nothing resale and useful for nothing since you have it already so suggestion would be to do nothing with them, forget it exists.

• Magolor
    Magolor Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry but it seems this configuration only works for the KOMPLETE KONTROL instrument, instead of the Cubase DAW (also, loading a KOMPLETE KONTROL in Cubase will take over the mapping of the M32 keyboard so that the pre-mapped DAW transports are no longer usable). I forgot to mention that the normal use case for me is Kontakt instead of KOMPLETE or MASCHINE.

It seems that M32 controller values can not be recorded in DAW, instead, the recorded MIDI signals only indicate the direction of the controllers turning, and it is fixed to 80 ~ 87 for Cubase. That is, for example: if you turn the third controller clockwise, it gets an input value of 65 on MIDI 82; if you turn it counter-clockwise, it gets an input value of 63 on MIDI 82. Also, it in fact changes the neighboring 8 tracks' volume instead of the MIDI control value of the selected track, which is pretty terrifying. I was playing around with this new keyboard in my project and it completely changed the volume balance of tracks in my project!

Nevertheless, M32 is a convenient and great keyboard. I guess I'm just gonna not to use the 8 controllers, which I wasn't expecting to use at first anyway.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Hi @Magolor would this article helps with what you wanna achieve?

How to Integrate KOMPLETE KONTROL with Your DAW