Arranger improvements

Comments

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 424 Pro

You can kinda do that already, after a fashion, in that you can load up what you want and save it as a default project. I have a few 'basic scenes' like that.

• NielsH
    NielsH Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I’d really like the great workflow of the Maschine studio standalone to be same in Maschine Studio VST, so that simply pressing shift+record on keyboard/controller (S MK2/Mikro MK3) started pre-roll record in Maschine VST, and sync’d (prerolled!!!) playback (not recording!) in DAW. This would make the perfekt integration of the fluent workflow of the Maschine into the DAW of choice.

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 119 Advisor
    edited December 2023

Honestly biggest issue I have is DAW integration. It is way too complicated routing and still do not work well.

I bought a Push 3 and now looking at Kit maker to convert Maschine drum kits rather than working with the Maschine software. I could use Battery to load kits but it is a bit old (honestly it needs an update) and do not work in standalone on Push 3 yet. Also Groove samples are not the same as more complex Sample libraries in Kontakt. Maschine or Battery plugins are honestly not always needed, supporting drum kit formats with certain DAWs would be nice.

Maybe give us an option to buy Maschine expansions for Ableton without using Battery or Maschine where entire projects (Ableton versions) and kits works. Otherwise I might look elsewhere for samples too.

My view is, you either pick Maschine or Push usually not both in the same purchase cycle, by opening up drum kit support with Ableton, this way you can at least sell sample libraries for Push users who still likes Maschine, plus I dont have to buy Kit maker :)

• MLARS
    MLARS Member Posts: 119 Advisor
    edited December 2023

An amazing collab would be Logic + Maschine integration similar to what Console 1 + Console Fader have done with more advance integration = more advance than a simple Midi mode. Similar collab could be made for Cubase on the PC. Ableton collab I suspect might not happen due to the Push.

Imagine if the native DAW groove software (although sometime a bit simplistic) was heavily integrated with Maschine hardware, instead of trying to route the Maschine software in messy configurations this could be a way to use the Maschine more seamlessly within a DAW by controlling the local groove software. It may not be perfect at first, but a good start. Make it possible for the DAWs to access samples and port them to the DAW groove software. A key development would be to browse and launch instruments (DAW, NI and others) and samples Maschine and others within the DAW via the Maschine hardware.

Then standalone mode and more advance Maschine features not available on the local DAW groove software would still use the Maschine software.

• Oleksii
    Oleksii Member Posts: 5 Member

When we get the opportunity, to edit the audio track, to cut, to make fades, to slice. We will no longer need anything except Maschine)

• koto847
    koto847 Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2023

Yeah still a annoyance because it can get lost in the shuffle of files, whereas a template is upfront in a setting and will not get potentially deleted. Like i tend to do multiple styles/genres and would appreciate it like what do i feel like and can just click and bang there goes those settings for that style. Maybe i am just particular, like speed in process and like to stay organized to a tee idk lol.

• Cretin Dilettante
    Cretin Dilettante Member Posts: 170 Advisor

This, in addition to tempo/time signature changes would actually do what they've been trying to do with clips.

• AlessWo
    AlessWo Member Posts: 22 Member

This is not exactly an arrangement topic but more a mixing topic. To have visual EQ to do adjustments. To have some of the nice possibilities of izotope on tue maschine plus stand alone o even native in the maschine software.

• kbryarly
    kbryarly Member Posts: 39 Helper

Here are my thoughts:

Would be nice if clips could be 'locked' in position so that they stay SMPTE locked.

Speaking of SMPTE - could we get Maschine to send/recieve SMPTE? (I do filmscore work)

Would be awesome if we could 'draw' automation (or velocity etc.) and select an automation curve (Sine;Saw,etc.) that 'locks' the curve to a selectable beat/division. Or, draw- in general- using a line or curve that just spans the length of the action.

Would also be really nice if we could get a 'top' menu button to enable/disable sync without having to dive into a system menu.

• sevdahbaby
    sevdahbaby Member Posts: 32 Member

It would be awesome to have an on-the-fly loop of the arrangement timeline, Traktor style, controlled from hardware! It would be an awesome performance tool. Maybe even some hotcues, also Traktor style.

• Douglas M C P Melo
    Douglas M C P Melo Member Posts: 1 Member

I think Maschine arranger could have a behavior similar to Ableton and Bitwig:

• The user should be able to use the pads matrix as clip launchers, instead of having to rotate the knobs. It's not easy to find the exact spot to trigger the clips by using a knob.
    • The Maschine should be a better controller for both Ableton and Bitwig: if the goal of Maschine software is not to be a full featured DAW, it should give the user better support to control it, I believe.
This discussion has been closed.