Sampler improvements

Comments

• jpphilippe
    jpphilippe Member Posts: 1 Member
    • "Easier time stretching (non destructive) in the sampler module"

+1 for this.

Alternatively, playing the audio mode via keyboard but being able to record what you've played. Currently you can play the audio module in realtime but its locked to tempo/loop so what you play isn't recorded. you can only record the "mute". Just having a switch to disable sync/lock to timeline would work.

Or would be better to just add a realtime time stretch option in the sampler module. Look at the cubase sampler track for eg. You have a button that switches to timestretch mode with length control or when timestretch is off it goes back to classic tape pitch mode (as in maschine sampler mode).

Keeping the audio module, as its great for just dropping loops in, but when you want more control then realtime time stretch as above would be far more useful than bouncing from the audio module.

1. "Sample play mode - FWD, RWD, Ping-pong, RANDOM"

This is also needed badly.

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 56 Member

I like the way how on an mpc now when you chop up a break without time stretching it and it’s a little too short for your bpm.. So you can easily click a button to reverse the end of the sample to extend the end of the chop. Great for chopping up breaks.

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 56 Member

My main sampling ask is porting over Kontakt instruments.

• epiphaneia
    epiphaneia Member Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2023

I´m not convinced the CPU can do that, but... V-Synth-style realtime time/formant manipulation with being able to turn the speed down to zero. I have a V-Synth here just for that one trick, and that kind of annoys me ^_^

• WalkaDeProduca
    WalkaDeProduca Member Posts: 14 Member

Is the a way I can change my user name to WalkaDiProduca, just a small change lol. I would like to see different drum machines, emulation like for instance a flagship drum machine was the Linnn 9000 Drum Machine. Another one would be the Ensoniq ASR-X it was used in numerous 90's bobs, last but not least the Yamaha DTX900 which was the hiphop go two for drums in the 90's.

• beanradio
    beanradio Member Posts: 6 Member

Expanding the number sounds to 32 or 64 per group for chopping samples. I feel like the limit of 16 sounds is outdated and having at least the option to add more than 16 sounds to a group would be a welcome addition.

combining the audio and sampler plugin into one would make working with loops a lot simpler rather than having to go back and forth.

I think this is related to sampling as it’s tied to sampling from the internet: ability to select separate input and output sources rather than creating an aggregate device on Mac. Ableton and every other major DAW has this option, not sure why it’s not in Maschine.

• JarekD
    JarekD Member Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2023

1) Looped take recording. Let Machine play on loop and with every cycle a new take/sound/pattern gets recorded. So frustrating it's not a feature, while I'm assuming it being pretty easy to implement

2) Changes to the wave editor tools so we can edit recordings to fit the time grid easily.

• Rebelkleff
    Rebelkleff Member Posts: 11 Member

At the moment this is the only real feature that keeps me from staying within machine environment when creating. The audio and sampler modules could be so powerful if merged. And a huge timesaver

• bortraws
    bortraws Member Posts: 5 Member

A missing function is to be able to quantize sampled loops according to moveable transient events. I don't always want my sampled loops to be chopped up and placed under pads. Instead I often just like a loop to play in the groove of my track.

For this to work properly the sampler needs to detect the transients in the loop and place transient events. The sampler should allow me to add or remove events and change the location of events. Quantization is done according to the transient events therefore placing the loop in the groove of my track.

• Oleksii
    Oleksii Member Posts: 5 Member

1. It would be great to be able to automate the start and end of a sample, i.e. the same sample had different start and end points.

2. It would be nice to be able to edit delay for sample. For example, when you make a single snare from different samples, the beginning, middle, and tail, they should be played in sequence. But now they plays in one time thouth.

3. Would be great to have to play the rest of the sample in Loop mode, after releasing the key, and not cut off by the set end of the loop.

• Flobo3000
    Flobo3000 Member Posts: 5 Member

Possibility to set the start point for Loops in the Audio Module

This discussion has been closed.