Possible to stitch images in G.I.M.P. like Jknob does?

Moonbot7000
Moonbot7000 Member Posts: 61 Member
edited March 2022 in Building With Reaktor

Jknob is nice, but it's very unstable and I'd like the freedom that G.i.m.p. offers, but i don't know how to make a stitched image, anyone else know if this is possible?

Comments

• Paule
    Paule Member Posts: 1,328 Expert
    edited March 2022

Is Jknob = jKnobman?

For to use stitching (hor or vert) only and your sys supports 32-bit

Here is an older pc software to stitch graphics

unstitch is possible also

• Studiowaves
    Studiowaves Member Posts: 451 Advisor

I did the same thing stiching images and nothing worked. If were on the same page here, make sure the "always on" selection is turned on. It's been a while and I don't remember, but I was trying to show several images an selecting them with a knob value. But somewhere in the picture area is an "always on" in the properties.

• Moonbot7000
    Moonbot7000 Member Posts: 61 Member

Yes, Jknob is Jknobman, its nice, and skinman is ok...but if I were able to use GIM.P I'd have a whole lot more flexibility, ill check out the link, thanks!

• Cal Scott
    Cal Scott Member Posts: 91 Advisor
    edited March 2022

I don't think there is a way to stitch with the standard gi.mp plugins, but there is probably a few 3rd party stitch plugins out there.

Or you can use irfanview. Click the thumbnails tab so you see all the frames. Look for the option to create a contact sheet, and set it to 1 colomn and as many rows as you have frames. Set the image height to be multiplied by the ammount of frames so you get a long stiched image. Set borders to zero. Then export it.

• Bolle
    Bolle Member Posts: 349 Pro

I merge all my stuff here:

This is for PNG images but there's a link for Jpegs and other stuff at the bottom of the page.

If merging horizontally or vertically doesn't work from the first try, just switch to the opposite and back again and it will work.

Greets,

Peter