Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Comments

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 604 Guru

Some speculation from me regarding the near-future dev state of Maschine (and therefore Maschine+ as well):

I'm pretty certain Native M1 support and VST3 compatibility are the two big ticket items on the dev roadmap. Implementing both of these will take serious resources from the devs, and until these are in place and in a suotsbly mature stage, I fear we will be not seeing much else.

Now then, future development will highly depend on the timeframe it will take to implement both of these milestones..

These are just my personal speculations, I don't claim to have any facts

• OutoK
    OutoK Member Posts: 1 Member

Stability is the foremost issue, everything else comes after that. At the moment it is impossible to trust Maschine+. I thought it would have become the centerpiece of my live rig which is impossible right now. Talking about ruggedness, Reason -software has been bombproof since version 1 (until the VST plugin support was introduced)…

• rmou
    rmou Member Posts: 11 Member

Hi,

Any work/improvements in the midi learn functionality implementation? Please check this:https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/794/connecting-two-or-more-similar-midi-controllers-to-maschine-maschine-at-the-same-time#latest

thanks

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,789 Expert

Maybe, one day, when native Apple Silicon Maschine 2 comes.

• Nebulatrax
    Nebulatrax Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited February 2022

Please add the plugin fx Tape Simulation and Vinyl Simulation plug-ins for real Lofi on Maschine+ Urgent!!

End the conversion of STEREO samples to MONO that does not exist on maschine+

Thank you

• jacqui brookes
    jacqui brookes Member Posts: 40 Member

And still no midi note preview with piano roll..an option even as in Live? Please.

• Olihop
    Olihop Member Posts: 152 Advisor
  • ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

Now I can see it as well: That glass is definitely half empty, indeed.

• nicknackers
    nicknackers Member Posts: 23 Member

Just wanted maschine+ to be easy to work with external instruments, easy midi macros, midi learn, cv? there are work arounds using a computer but thought it would be priority for this release. Shame.

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor

I can't help but think that the autosampler is some kind of workaround for the fact that the CPU in M+ is simply too weak to run any modern synth.

Now I can see it as well: That glass is definitely half empty, indeed

Of course.. and also it's kind of sad to see NI doing the race behind AKAI

historically speaking if the mpc is rather a sampler, Maschine is rather a supercharged groovebox thanks to the ecosystem of virtual instruments offered by NI but they have somewhat lost their fundamentals in this race...

I hope that their autosampler will be at least as good as Akai's because on automation it's better implemented on MPC support for external midi devices is better implemented on MPC, management audio interfaces are better implemented on MPC (32 ins/outs) etc.

all the points in favor of Maschine (because there are some) are from several years ago..

• LincolnBanks
    LincolnBanks Member Posts: 5 Member

NI,

So we have an incoming update .. March 22.

Fab news..

Desperate for an overhaul on such a prestigious Maschine ..

Worklfow issues .. Hardware issues .. have definitely been a thorn in its side.. @£1300 NI knew these issues should have been ironed out before release.. but is what it is..

Are we getting dedicated envelope gui’s and sceeens . Are we getting seperate envelope modulation that we can assign to track parameters .. A couple of assignable LFO’s would be nice ..

As a stand-alone performance Maschine I would have thought the 2 screens would be perfect to give a full and in depth aspect of the modulation aspects of the Maschine ..

please don’t bring a MK2+ out with all these functions .. MK+ should have been there at the start … but thanks for the update when it comes ….and don’t forget about the faithful supporters..

• L Dee
    L Dee Member Posts: 6 Member

Will there be anything tied to conditional triggers or probability coming to the Maschine? I just bought my unit and I love the sound design aspect of it. I think that if we had some probability triggers with it, it'd be insane.

• mason drielling
    mason drielling Member Posts: 53 Member

A little more than a little bit of everything we needed most. Thank you NI. Im very excited

• ech-OS
    ech-OS Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2022

What a strange question. Obviously, no information from NI has any bearing on my, or anyone else's, ability to make better music. Do you take issue with them providing any additional information/transparency because it's not directly related to music making? Or just transparency relating to resource planning in particular? To be clear, they are offering additional transparency. I was spitballing about what that might look like in the absence of any other specifics.

Yielding information to competitors is a sacrifice they'll have to make if they want to provide more transparency — which again is their stated goal — since transparency involves being... transparent. What kind of transparency do you think NI could provide that wouldn't also provide information to their competitors?

The question at the root of this all is still "what does 'more transparency' mean to NI and what can we expect to see?" It's funny — if they had been more transparent about that, we wouldn't need to speculate about what transparency entails in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.