Coming up next for MASCHINE and MASCHINE+

Comments

• John Roberts
    John Roberts Member Posts: 2 Member

Yes! Such a large legacy library to tap into, I too thought this is what they would do.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert

Thank you @Matt_NI for the information.

Great to see some progress!

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 201 Advisor

Thanks for the news, keep going guys.

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

Please do so! Can’t wait for a day without you complaining everywhere.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

nice to hear about the update.

Auto-Save and chord inversion sound like nice and useful features. Thank you NI.

Important to hear about Vst and M1 stuff. I think they are mandatory minimum.

ech-OS made some important points about transparency. I really would like to hear some kind of response somewhere.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,301 Expert
    edited February 2022

How would the information about resource planning of the NI dev team help you make better music? Would you postpone your mixing session or tour or next release date to wait for the scheduled features?

Even if the explanations are too technical for most to understand, we would have concrete insight into how Maschine is progressing, and why it's moving in the direction it is.

And so does the competition. Do you really think this is a wise step for companies in a highly competitive market?

• TheLoudest
    TheLoudest Member Posts: 110 Advisor
    edited February 2022

@ozon

I agree. I don't see the point of more communication on the development state (apart from informing the competition)

So it's not so much communication that the Maschine users need. Especially when it's one-way!

It would be much more interesting that NI takes really into account the expectations and needs of users. For that I would say a big Yes! But I haven't seen any poll allowing the community to vote for the features they would like to see implemented, for example. That would make sense (and would be a vector of real dynamism within a community)

But as I said above, updates for this product seem rare and thin.. so the best we can hope for is that they speed up the update schedule..

• basehead617
    basehead617 Member Posts: 128 Advisor

Even though as a keyboardist I have no interest in automatic inversions, it's those kind of things that I'm glad they are still working on - that is, small features added to the package not just compatibility and performance things.

3 or 4 updates per year like this would be great, but clearly they consider Maschine a rather mature platform that probably doesn't have a significant roadmap of major additions in the pipeline.

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

I think that information about rescourse planning would help me to make informed decisions on spending my money and energy on NI stuff. It would also make it possible to truly see that NI really listens the users. Transparency.

For example: Right now there is no info about plans of integrating ipad or android or anything mobile to NI ecosystem. Pure silence. So I have no option but to look elsewhere. The moment I hear that for example Mikro Mk3 will work with Ipad I will buy it. Im such a fanboy.

Thumbs up for being trasparent with Silicon stuff.

I think it IS wise. Feeling of empowerment is valuable thing for users. At least for me. I try to say that It could be a way to stand out in competition.

’Will it make you do better music?’

Nothing makes me do better music. What even is this better music? Some new sub-genre of techno?

Anyhows I really want to send positive vibes for everyone and not start an argument. Can’t wait to play around with upcoming features.

• djneural
    djneural Member Posts: 25 Helper

By "what it takes as input" I wanted to know if it can take folders of .WAVs with root note set in the metatags and if it can play them as instruments. Something that we can do on other boxes such as Blackbox from 1010music or MPC.

In current firmware it doesn't seem possible except if you have every single note that you map manually on the Pads.

And regarding the output I wanted to know if it's this kind of universal multi-sample folders based on .WAV files or if it's proprietary format such as Kontakt format.

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert

@TheLoudest

It would be much more interesting that NI takes really into account the expectations and needs of users. For that I would say a big Yes! But I haven't seen any poll allowing the community to vote for the features they would like to see implemented, for example..

NI takes suggestions of users into account. Integration of Maschine Jam to M+ is clear example.

And, voting... Do not you think that NI does not scan discussions? It is kind of voting.... More frequent demands, more votes.

But, NI decides, what is implemented and when. "Simple" things may be in reality rather complex and so expensive. Other things may be more needed or look better on specsheets...

• Reefius
    Reefius Member Posts: 244 Pro

I can't help but think that the autosampler is some kind of workaround for the fact that the CPU in M+ is simply too weak to run any modern synth.

• Space Cat 303
    Space Cat 303 Member Posts: 108 Advisor

Massive Monark FM8... Works great on M+.

Auto sampler is an additional feature, not a replacement

• d0stenning
    d0stenning Member Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2022

I've been daydreaming that it really - because clearly to keep improving on a "PLATFORM" that is tied to a hardware purchase sucks manpower resources - makes sense to me that NI bring out a "PRO" version that adds significant features and is a separate purchase and upgrade model.

Clearly the biggest differentiator in a separately sold "PRO" edition would be for that software to become a full DAW. I think a whole load of us would be / are happy to pay for the development costs of a separate "PRO DAW" version of Maschine - one not just bundled with hardware but sold separately or available as an upgrade cost from standard MASCHINE , whether yearly upgrades as traditional - or even (controversial I now ) go for the dreaded subscription model.

an added benefit of a PRO DAW would be that the MASCHINE that gets bundled with their hardware would be able to inherit all the bug fixes and small improvements done to the PRO product by a bigger and properly fundable dev team at NI - thus everything is a WIN WIN.

All the hardware suddenly gets added value due to being potentially very focused and able controllers for a tightly integrated DAW - and those who don't want the DAW get to benefit from work done on the PRO DAW because of the sustainable funding model.

I hope this is all something NI have in the works. Seems obvious to me as the next stage..

This discussion has been closed.