Issues: Please grant permission to Native Access to install dependencies (MAC)

Jeremy_NI
Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,631 mod
edited December 2022 in Native Access

If you get this message when opening Native Access:

First of all, make sure to install Native Access 3.1.0:

Native Access 3.1.0 for Intel Macs

Native Access 3.1.0 for M1 Macs

If issue is not fixed, then please run the attached NTKDaemon Cleanup Script (either via command prompt, or drag the script file onto a terminal icon)

Restart Computer

Download and run the NTKDaemon installer from here: NTKDaemon 1.9.1 for Mac

Restart your computer again and open NA2

If none of this worked out, you can always downgrade: How to Downgrade Native Access 2 to Native Access 1

And, as always, if you need assistance on that, you can get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_install

Comments

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

Is there going to be a long-term fix other than downgrade? I went through all this last week on my setup (including rebooting more times than needed). As usual NA 2 ran one time, now this morning it wants to set up dependencies again and can't (yes I've checked all the permissions numerous times).

• Jeremy_NI

@Tony Jones The Native Access team is working on this issue. In the meantime, @sieren found this workaround:

What finally solved it (after countless hours of debugging) was running this in terminal:

sudo launchctl enable system/com.native-instruments.NativeAccess.Helper2

Does that work for you too?

• Tony Jones
    Tony Jones Member Posts: 261 Pro

@Jeremy_NI sadly no. My setup is a little strange (external system disc) and I was on the beta test as well. I'll wait and see what happens with a fix

Thanks though!

• Jeremy_NI

@Tony Jones Ok, thanks for the info.

I will close that post now, I had forgot to close it. There is already a couple of texisting threads, we just wanted to make this one easier to find and clearer.

This discussion has been closed.