Probability and conditional triggers plugin for Maschine 2

borisdivjak
borisdivjak Member Posts: 20 Member

I've created a VST/AU plugin called Chance Machine that allows me to set per-step probability and conditional trigger rules for patterns in Maschine. I thought I'd share this here as it might be useful to other Maschine users. It's only available for MacOS, though.

It's a great way to add a bit of variation to patterns, without needing to make them super long. The parameters map very nicely to the interface on MK3 controllers as well, so it makes it easy to adjust things without looking at the computer.

I'd love to hear what people think and if you find it useful.

You can find more info and download the plugin for free here:

https://github.com/borisdivjak/ChanceMachine

Comments

• djadidai
    djadidai Member Posts: 389 Pro

Excited to try, will do as soon as I can today. Many people have been wishing for a function like this to be added to Maschine!

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

Wow, impressive! Definitely worth a try, thanks for sharing @borisdivjak

• borisdivjak

Let me know if you’ve made it work @Nico_NI and @djadidai , I’d love to hear some feedback

• djadidai

Btw, where are all those people? Remember there was a long discussion about why maschine didn’t have this type of function while all other developers in the universe had added one.

• borisdivjak

I’d say they just haven’t seen this post. Anything that doesn’t start as a ‘question’ or ‘announcement’ gets burried pretty quickly on the forum it seems.

• djadidai

That’s why I wrote, to bump it up! Haha

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor

Super excited to try it!

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited October 2022

Definitely deserves a bump. Will try to test it next week at the office @borisdivjak 💪

• Impermanence
    Impermanence Member Posts: 123 Advisor
    edited October 2022

Oh. Nice. Testing.

• Trevor Meier
    Trevor Meier Member Posts: 69 Advisor

Very cool! Will give it a try.

… and I’d just come to the forum to say after more than a year of seeing no major progress with Maschine, I’ve jumped over to Bitwig. But maybe this can save me yet!

• Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 121 Helper

OK, now we need a Windows version of a plugin. :D

• BriFi
    BriFi Member Posts: 10 Member

Great work. Holding out hope NI finally implements a trigger condition system so standalone users (M+) would have a solution like this.

• tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor
    edited October 2022

This looks cool, I hope there will be a Windows version coming at some point in the near future!

• echo opera
    echo opera Member Posts: 1 Member

This looks cool. Any chance we could get it to work on the M+. This is where it would really shine.

nice work and thanks for sharing 👊🏼™️💗