NA hangs on installing a product

TRW
TRW Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi,

I'm trying to install my NI products, but because windows suddenly decides to reboot while NA was installing Previews, NA now hangs on installing Previews.

I've tried deleting multiple files but it keeps hanging on installing. After removing these files it will download Previews again, but it will not install the product.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue so I'm able again to use this NI product?

Best Answer

• Larry R.
    Larry R. Member Posts: 12 Member
    Answer ✓

I just ran into something similar, as it was hung up on installing. I use Windows, but it may be the same or similar on a Mac.

• Open Task Manager and end EVERY NI process.
    • Go to the folder where you store your content and delete the Previews folder
    • Restart Native Access (If it starts Install again, uninstall/reinstall Native Access)
    • Try to install the Previews individually
    • If that is successful you can continue with "Install All"

Let me know if this works

Answers

• Larry R.
    Answer ✓

I just ran into something similar, as it was hung up on installing. I use Windows, but it may be the same or similar on a Mac.

• Open Task Manager and end EVERY NI process.
    • Go to the folder where you store your content and delete the Previews folder
    • Restart Native Access (If it starts Install again, uninstall/reinstall Native Access)
    • Try to install the Previews individually
    • If that is successful you can continue with "Install All"

Let me know if this works

• TRW
    TRW Member Posts: 2 Member

aah I didn't realize I could just use the downloaded installation disc image to install Previews manually. Installation finished, I unmounted the disc image and deleted the iso. After a reboot NA says it is installed and it doesn't hang on installing...

Thank you very much Larry!

• Larry R.
  • Eid
    Eid Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi

Im having the same problem, but i tried all the solutions online and nothing worked. Even after i uninstalled and reinstalled Native Access, the moment i log in, it shows a screen saying "Installing Mashine Essentials 2" ... could someone help pls? I bought a new NI midi controller and can't start using it because of this