Maschine+ compatible audio interfaces thread

Options

Comments

• BriFi
    BriFi Member Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

So the Force/MPC have access to the 32 ins and outs but only can use 8 stereo input channels at a time. Technically double that of the Maschine+, but it doesn't let you split it to 16 mono channels.

I'd definitely like to see 16 inputs at a minimum for the Maschine+ to work as a hub.

As for working/not working devices -

Motu 828ES is a no go. You can get audio but it literally changes channels on the fly, truly the strangest behavior I've ever seen. Super sad too because the audio routing and mixing internally would be so useful in regards to the M+ 8 track limit. (tested before Maschine+ Version 1.5)

Elektron Syntakt - As reported previously Stereo Ins and Outs work fine, no mutli-channel though of course.

Behringer UMC1820 works rock solid. (tested before Maschine+ Version 1.5)

Arturia Audiofuse Studio has audio sync and drop out issues every few minutes. (tested before Maschine+ Version 1.5)

Arturia Audiofuse 8PRE is a no go at all. Device missing error. (Tested Maschine+ Version 1.5)

Motu 24ai and 24ao is a no go at all. Device missing error. (Tested Maschine+ Version 1.5)

Dreadbox Typhon - Only has support for 48khz at this point so it's a no go. I spoke to them 6 months ago and they didn't want to commit to 44.1khz but said it may be a possibility. (tested before Maschine+ Version 1.5)

• babeleGrande
    babeleGrande Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited December 2023
    Options

I’m looking for a decent interface with at least 6 outputs. This is what I’ve tried so far (before OS 1.5):

• Antelope Orion 32 (first gen): not recognized at all
    • Antelope Orion Studio SC: same, no dice
    • Apogee Duet (“for Mac and PC” version): recognized, seems to work fine, but didn’t try it for long (just 2 outputs, don’t care much :)

Curious about the Quartet, anyone tried one? This would make for a great companion to M+.

• BriFi
    BriFi Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Audient ID44 Mk1 - So I took a leap and got one and unfortunately, whilst it is recognized and functions, there are tons of clicks and pops. Without adjusting the buffer size, which we don't have access to within the Maschine+ software, I would consider this guy unusable.

• MaikR
    MaikR Member Posts: 170 Advisor
    edited January 4
    Options

Does your interface use another firmware version probably?

Don’t know if that’s the case, but my Audio4c was running stable before it got a firmware upgrade. Before that it was running flawlessly (with the audio clock set to external, so letting M+ play boss).

Looking forward to some insights from NI on this matter…

• Magicwill
    Magicwill Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Hi ! Has anyone tried the ZOOM Livetrak series ?

• th3ahmed
    th3ahmed Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Teenage Engineering’s TX-6 barely works.

as in it cuts off sometimes and doesn’t show all inputs

• bouineur
    bouineur Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 19
    Options

Hello,

I connected my presonus studio 18 24c sound card to maschine +. It is recognized but impossible to assign the input or output and there is a message saying missing. Does this confirm the fact that I will not be able to use this sound card to assign the maschine + outputs?

Thank you for your help to know if I send it back or not....

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited January 19
    Options

Yes most likely it just doesent work. Does the interface work out of the box on your windows/mac computer without the need to install anything?

When the interface is 'class-compliant' theres a chance it will work on the M+, if it needs drivers or anything else installed to work then theres zero chance.

Dont buy interfaces for the M+ randomly, read the whole thread to know what is confirmed to work.

• bouineur
    bouineur Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

This sound card works very well without additional drivers on my Mac. This is why I hope maybe as M + recognized it there was something to do to routing the inputs and outputs.

And no one had tested this interface yet... So I can add it to this big list now :)

PRESONUS 1824c    NOT COMPATBLE

• Tscheggo
    Tscheggo Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

My First experience with it was that i have To take the Sanplerate down To make Beatz without clicks and stuff. and it work for a short time.

After i Took the samplerate down on the Computer and using it for Fingerdrumming with m+ in Standalone Mode it is like you said. Crackles, Pops etc . It is like you said, this guy is unusable cause it isnt work correctly with m+ .

• MaikR
    edited February 16
    Options

That’s why we need more information from @Kai_NI, to clarify things up on these compatibility issues.

• Wilmar Boer
    Wilmar Boer Member Posts: 62 Helper
    Options

Yes, I've a Livetrak L20R (the rack version). And it's working great. No problems. All inputs and outputs are available though Maschine can only use 8 stereopairs at a time.

• jolly Dodger
    jolly Dodger Member Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Hoping I could get some advice trouble shooting an audio delay issue.. Is anyone getting bad 20ms latency when using audio over usb?

I have a Maschine+ and a Nord Drum, the Maschine+ is 20ms behind the Nord, when both are sequenced externally from the same device.

The signal path is: Maschine+ > usb > babyface(CC mode) > ADAT > FireFace UFX(sync master). On the Fireface the ADAT1 sync led is solid green, and the babyface sync led is also solid green. So it's not that. If I go Maschine+ > analog > FireFace UFX then the offset between them is ok. i.e. it's too small to hear. So the issue is only when going out of usb.

The RME gear advertises as less than 1.5ms. So the m+ is reporting latency of 5.8ms. So I should be getting no more than 9ms, but I have 20ms, and it's clearly audible.

• MaikR
    Options

Maybe it’s better to start a separate topic on this one… (?)