Traktor slowing music down suddenly whilst playing a set

Options
2»

Comments

• djlotus
    djlotus Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Having this issue, as well, after updating to Traktor Pro 3. I'll be making a similar post.

• Rehobothdj
    Rehobothdj Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Just purchased a monthly license for VirtualDJ downloaded it and worked on it with my Traktor Kontrol S4 and not a single problem, I spent a few hours with it and I was very happy. I don't think I will ever go back to the Traktor program, way too many headaches! If I have any problems I will report here. If your Traktor is working right with an older version. Do not upgrade if you can help it!

• Rehobothdj
    Rehobothdj Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I downloaded the new version of traktor and it still ran slow, I checked on line and someone mentioned something about a midi setting. I went in and changed the setting and I have been playing traktor on auto, 4 hours a day for a week now without the slightest problem. If anyone is interested, I can look and see what I changed and get back to you.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

For me only the Asio drivers for the S4mk3 have worked for me, the slow down and other issues have happened with Wasapi on 3 different laptops. Not once have Wasapi drivers worked for me.

• MennoBB
    MennoBB Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I have the same issue.

The Pioneer DDJ T1 is my soundcard basically so I don't think I have much choice in drivers.

But this slowing-down/robotic issue happens A LOT and basically I can't do a gig without it happening multiple times.

The solution is opening the prefs and changing the audio-buffer size.

Larger buffer means it happens less often. Smaller buffer (but less latency) and it'll happen more often.

I'm not keen on buying new hardware simply because AMD and Traktor apparently aren't friends...

Any more insights would be helpful!

@Kaiwan_NI That form links to this page. Is that what you meant to link?

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

Hey @zephry

I have beeeeeeen speaking about audio issues for a good while now, but I have stopped as a result of falling on deaf ears.

Here

Here is an active thread of mine which I have stopped engaging in due to the fact that I have to report this as a bug (which I have) & there has been minimal feedback since. I am not to sure about @Rehobothdj with the slowness but I have not seen nor experienced anything yet in that regard, As for @MennoBB I do own myself a DDJ-T1 controller, I use the ver. 1.6 driver for it have not had any issues with the unit except for recent RC releases regarding weird audio profile changes with output from both Master & headphones.

The Wasapi drivers for me are most Def an issue & I honestly cannot take it not being addressed, Alot of users complain but the main focus here is Pattern Player & Traktor Pro Plus features.

Just FYI, I even posted a link in another thread whereby STEMS were introduced in Traktor Pro 2 but recently not working in Traktor Pro 3 & all of a sudden its being offered on a Plus subscription.

I have slowly switch to Serato which I am currently using the Roland DJ-505 & so far Serato is holding its own compared to Traktor Pro.

My personal view is that NI is looking into Traktor from the wrong angle & changes are not ideal at all. Soon Traktor Pro 4 will be released & not every DJ is willing to give up a perfectly working apple Mac or windows laptop/pc just because of it's software upgrade. They now introduced display quality checker for the browser issue we all facing, like ******, Traktor has been working (in most cases) perfectly fine until recent changes & improvements.

I highly doubt this will get looked into, but all the best.

Regards

• Quade
    Quade Member Posts: 231 Advisor
    Options

I am currently using using Traktor only for Cdj control purposes, planning on switching to Mixxx to use the Traktor Kontrol S3 & see if the audio issues improve, I hardly use the controller at other events as I cannot get the Cdj350 to work with Traktor in HID mode so I use Serato instead with the Roland controller. I am saving up money to purchase the DVS upgrade for Serato so I can control CdJ's in HID mode.

I am keeping my eye on the forum SHOULD n the future any chance arise for improvement on the DJ controllers we own & HOPEFULLY (Quite High In My Opinion) possible individual audio drivers for the hardware.

Not every DJ will be spending money to purchase a brand new product just because.

Best of luck tho.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 586 Pro
    Options

I didn't look through all your posts. But to be clear Traktor is working fine for me with the Asio driver for the S8 and the S4mk3.

• DJM (Sagar)
    DJM (Sagar) Member Posts: 45 Helper
    Options

@blzkn, @zephry once reminded me of a check which gets missed easily. Have you checked the following:

Ensure your PC soundcard is at the same frequency as the one you use for Traktor. If for example you use the z2 at 48k the PC soundcard should also be set at 48k. For some reason this does make a difference.

Also, what version of Win are you on ? Win 10 21h1, 22h2 or win 11.