Library/Collection overhaul - most requested features, bugs & tools
since the first version of this thread was deleted when I re-resurrected the old feature requests (I was asking for Library & Metadata overhaul in the same thread... and it got first locked by Matt-NI - and then it disappeared for reasons unknown... Matt_NI & me chatted about this - and it's logged as an issue with the forum vendor), here's the same request, split up in 2 feature requests. But - they need to go hand-in-hand, otherwise there's little value gained by either...
So, this request goes hand in hand with this:
On top of updating the library ui & tools to understand and handle input/output of the above / i.e. multi value metadata & custom metadata fields, we all know the library handling needs serious attention in pretty much all area - some pointers (and others should chime in really - I've had a ton of issues with the inbuilt collection/playlist tools and have built a library management outside of Traktor - so the ones from the top of my head:
- Remember-this-mix features (I'd prefer a custom metadata field that collects into/out-to mixes on a per-track basis, but notes in playlists [I'm still using 1sec long dummy tracks to hold extra info as well as for playlist dividers...] would be good too...)
- Playlist-unique-cue-point (with an optional text note)
- HD support
- Rating half-star display (i.e. so we have 10 potential increments to use)
- More/better playlist [management] tools [i.e. quality of life stuff like https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/4443/improvement-for-search-in-playlists-function, and there's dozens of these...]
- Rating display issues (flac file ratings get shown incosistently if written as per the file spec)
- Browser Flickering (https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/2381/traktor-3-5-0-and-above-browser-flickering-issue/p1)
- Relocation Tools are a complete pain - and haven't changed for more than a decade...
- All Traktor File-Dialogues (exporting/importing playlists being a good example...) need to remember their (last used) settings and write/read location
- Program freeze on shutdown and not saving the playlist edits, resulting in people losing their work still
There's a lot of pain points with Traktor's library & its' toolset, and since the Traktor team hinted at a library re-write since 2016 (?) or so, I'm sure they're well aware as well.
To other users - feel free to add more library/collection improvements/issues!
This is exactly the quality of life issues that are well known, long requested, and imo should be tackled with a browser/library overhaul:
This is also one of those ancient, well known issues that in my book would need to be part of a library/browser/metadata overhaul:
I wish the Open Key/Musical Key display option under the Analyze tab was not a choice that has to be made. It would be nice when mixing to a live instrumentalist, for instance, to be able to see both the Open Key AND musical keys alongside each other in the browser so that I can continue to mix harmonically and give the players cues as to where I'm going with it.
On the same tip as remember-this-mix, I'd be interested in a dedicated playlist for each track that lists all the tracks that you've decided go well with it. I envision a track linking button that puts them in each others' playlist with a single click. This to me would be the ultimate browser tool for a DJ. A matrix of track combos - It's the best way to organize your virtual record crate so that albums can be right next to ALL other albums that go with it. Something you physically could never do with real records.0
Indeed. Though there's never been much indication that this has any priority whatsoever.0
Aye - I would hope/think though that the last point in the roadmap:
Namely 'improved browser workflows' being exactly this, the long promised browser rework (and with it its' workflow, long standing issues/bugs and modern metadata i/o features, all of which one needs for this to be more than just a bandaid).
We shall see, as usual...
Thanks a lot for submitting this idea. Unfortunately it didn't receive enough votes over the allotted time. We're closing this post.
Note that our ideas section doesn't reflect the Traktor team's backlog. Even if this idea hasn't been brought up to the team at this time, that doesn't mean it'll never be implemented in the future.
For more info about how your feedback reaches NI, please have a look here.0
- 10.6K All Categories
- 20 Welcome
- 442 Hangout
- 58 NI News
- 206 Tech Talks
- 1K Native Access
- 4.9K Komplete
- 614 Komplete General
- 1.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 1.8K Kontakt
- 483 Reaktor
- 151 Battery 4
- 268 Guitar Rig & FX
- 204 Massive X & Synths
- 211 Other Software & Hardware
- 2.2K Maschine
- 14 Sampling Room
- 2.6K Traktor
- 2.4K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators