How to maintain the Key from Beatport after analysis?

Options
2»

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,144 Guru
    Options

the resulting key is completely wrong

Based on what? How do you know the key is wrong? As others have said, maybe the Beatport key is wrong, and the Traktor one is correct.

If you research info on key analysis, you will find recommendations to use keys that are analysed with a single system (i.e. Traktor) rather than mix analysis from different places. In other words, if you're using Traktor, just have Traktor do the analysis on all your files.

• camillaM
    camillaM Member Posts: 5 Newcomer
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well I hear clearly what a C major track is.

I can' t post links, but try Firefly Mass Digital Club Mix by Monojoke, there is not a single minor chord in this track, yet after loading, Traktor says it is a Cm

• camillaM
    Options

Also even if I import the streamed playlist and batch analyse it entirely before loading tracks, Traktor still analyses the tracks a second time automatically when loading the track into a deck for the frst time, and sometimes messes with the key, like the OP said.

• camillaM
    Options

Still trying to find a pattern, importing the same track again after cleaning everything and removing it from the memory and restarting Traktor , the key is not changed this time, so it really looks like a bug to me, not a difference in the analysis method.

So far I don't find what triggers the key shift

• PK The DJ
    Options

You mean Fireflies? My DJ software says it's Eb (5B) which is right next to Cm (5A) on the Camelot Wheel, so compatible. The key detection app (by Antares) on my phone says it's Cm/Eb too.

Mixed In Key (the market leader in key detection) says it's Cm (5A). Serato also says Cm (5A).

Based on those results I would say it's most likely to be Cm.

• camillaM
    Options

No I mean the Mass Digital Remix

• PK The DJ
    Options

I know, you said it was that remix - but you called it Firefly.

• Michael Mashup
    Michael Mashup Member Posts: 25 Helper
    edited December 2023
    Options

I edit my playlists in Beatport and ignore beatports key info, I import all the new tracks into my collection after launching Traktor. I arrange the key coloum in acsending order and mix with Traktors results it seems to a good job and work pretty well, Traktors and Beatports key detection algorithim are different so different results. Yeah I remember seeing a spreadsheet online and Traktor being nearly at the top for the most accurate results, I used MIK for 12 years and it I dont think the results with it and Beatport where a match either.

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    Options

Here is how I do my Beatport key and playlists. It is a bit of reading. Be warned. Lol