Some tips for Key Analyzing Beatport link streaming.
After being somewhat annoyed with the Key discrepancy between Traktor and BeatportLink streaming.
Mainly in Techno or heavy constant bass tracks, in my experience.
I have a method I would like to share. It requires the offline locker in order to speed up the process.
1. Make a playlist. Either with Beatport mobile, Traktor application, Beatport Dj application online, or Beatport web.
2. Open Traktor.
3. Find the Beatport Playlist you intend to go live with. Click it.
4. Select all the files (in the browser) by highlighting the first track then scrolling down. Then Hold shift click the last track, this selects all tracks.
5. Right click the highlighted tracks (in the browser) select "Add to Offline Locker"
6. Once the download is done, Right click the Playlist in the browser tree (not the selected browser tracks) select "Import to Playlists". This will give you an option to make a Traktor Playlist copy separate from the Beatport playlists.
7. Now you will see the new "copy of same name or what you choose", in Traktor Playlists.
Right click the copied Traktor Playlist (in the browser tree) and select "Analyze" this will only analyze tracks that are currently in your offline locker. This is the only way to analyze all the tracks at once.
8. I usually right click the collection now and save.
9. (Optional) Purge the offline locker. This is done once again by selecting the first track, scrolling down then hold shift and click the last track. "Remove from Offline Locker"
A few notes.
I do this mainly to have a key that is correct, but also the autogain is now set (if used), and even if the track downloads it loads much faster.
To work efficiently stick to Playlists of only 50 tracks max at a time, this will take around 10 mins per Playlist depending on process power.
When you restart Traktor the files will still need to download each time unless you decide to keep everything in the offline locker. I purge the locker because it fills up over a month or so if you keep lots of Playlists.
Restarting Traktor keeps the Key and analysis settings as long as you save collection, or export/import and keep separate collections. Even if the offline locker is empty. When you load the track you will see it download but the Key discrepancy is not there.
Once the analysis is done and collection is not changed you should be able to use either Playlist (the Beatport or the Traktor) so you can delete the Traktor Playlist copy and stick to the Beatport playlist instead. The advantage of using the Traktor Playlists is you can delete unwanted tracks and be sure they won't show up again.
The only reason for the steps is to be able to do a large batch of analysis, the only way to analyze a batch is from the Traktor Playlist copy. You can't select and copy a batch of tracks any other way.
Another thing I do is have the offline locker and the Playlists I intend on using in the Favorites Bar at the top. This makes less use of the browser tree, because you can right-click from there, without constantly scrolling the tree.
This sounds complicated but is quick once you learn the steps.
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 851 Hangout
- 78 NI News
- 411 Tech Talks
- 1.9K Native Access
- 8.6K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.2K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 726 Reaktor
- 252 Battery 4
- 493 Guitar Rig & FX
- 287 Massive X & Synths
- 512 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators