Upgrading from Maschine mk2 to mk3, reinstall Maschine 2 software?

mjackman76
mjackman76 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2022 in Maschine

Hi folks just a question, I have a maschine mk2 which has been in use for around 6 years and now I have purchased a mk3 which id like to use. Im hoping to keep the software (including maschine libraries) as it is and to be able to just plug in the maschine mk3, is this advisable or is the maschine 2 software /NI Access software likely to want to scrub it and install a different version of the maschine software? Thank you.

Best Answer

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper
    Answer ✓

It's the same software. Just plug in the new controller. Don't forget to register the MKIII hardware serial number though.

Answers

• pranaearth
    pranaearth Member Posts: 50 Helper
    Answer ✓

It's the same software. Just plug in the new controller. Don't forget to register the MKIII hardware serial number though.

• mjackman76
    mjackman76 Member Posts: 5 Member

Thank you Pranaearth, because it says Maschine 2 for Maschine Mk2 I had thought it was specific to Maschine 2, thanks for clarifying.

• s m
    s m Member Posts: 11 Member

Doesn't the maschine mk3 come with much more software though... I have the mk3 and it came with 25 gigs of software.took 8 hours to install.. but I am thinking the mikro would be better for me... will I lose some software licenses by downgrading. and can I purchase this same software without having a NI controller... will it all work?

Thanks

• Bchatmon123
    Bchatmon123 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have not been on Maschine 2 Micro in a few years because of COVID and computer issues.Now I'm trying to get it back with a 2017 Computer.Sos I need instructions for getting things back into working order

• LostInFoundation
    LostInFoundation Member Posts: 4,196 Expert
    edited April 2023
  • NativeAmerican
    NativeAmerican Member Posts: 43 Member

When you register the new MK3, you will get an entirely new serial number for a copy of the software package that came with it. You will also retain all of your currently owned serial numbers and software. This way you can install another seperate copy on an entirely different device. I have multiple Maschine products. When I added a new Maschine to my account, it added another copy of the software.