Upgrade Komplete 13 to Komplete Ultimate later, but for how much?

barbatruc
barbatruc Member Posts: 16 Member
edited June 2022 in Komplete General

Hi! I currently have Komplete Select 12 and with the sales going on now, I can upgrade to Komplete 13 for 199 euros apparently. Seems like a great deal.

Alternatively, I can upgrade directly to Komplete 13 Ultimate for 499 euros I believe.

Tu put it simply: I'm interested in Komplete 13 Ultimate but short on budget right now. From the NI website, it seems that upgrading from Komplete 13 to Komplete Ultimate costs 300 euros. Is it the price with the current sales or the price all year?

I ask because if this is the price no matter the sales, I can definitely wait to upgrade for Ultimate, since the difference between Komplete Select 12 --> Komplete 13 and Komplete Select 12 --> Komplete Ultimate 13 is 300 euros anyway. Also, that means that if I wait until, for example, Komplete Ultimate 14, I'll actually have even more for the same price (300 euros).

Does my question makes sense? I just want to be sure since I'll want to purchase Ultimate eventually, I'd just prefer to wait if that does not "cost" me any money. There are so many versions that I admit that I'm confused.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

1) Komplete 14 might come in 3 months, or so.... (If NI keeps regular 2 years release pattern!!!! No, guarantie...)

2) Generally, it costs the same if one upgrades directly, or gradually in steps. (I know only about one exception concerning K U CE).

3) There is regullary Summer Sale (at least last five years 50% off) and Christmas Sale (used to be 50% off for years, but last year "only" 30-40% off).

4) There is no discount of Komplete Bundles on first Sale after release of Bundle.

So, if you do not hurry, you might upgrade now to Komplete 13. And if Komplete 14 will come after summer holidays, you might buy Komplete 14 Ultimate in Summer Sale 2023.

If Komplete 14 is released, it is from time to time possible to buy 50% discounted Komplete 13. I mention that for case, if you would not want to wait to summer 2023 for K14....

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,772 Expert
    Answer ✓

1) Komplete 14 might come in 3 months, or so.... (If NI keeps regular 2 years release pattern!!!! No, guarantie...)

2) Generally, it costs the same if one upgrades directly, or gradually in steps. (I know only about one exception concerning K U CE).

3) There is regullary Summer Sale (at least last five years 50% off) and Christmas Sale (used to be 50% off for years, but last year "only" 30-40% off).

4) There is no discount of Komplete Bundles on first Sale after release of Bundle.

So, if you do not hurry, you might upgrade now to Komplete 13. And if Komplete 14 will come after summer holidays, you might buy Komplete 14 Ultimate in Summer Sale 2023.

If Komplete 14 is released, it is from time to time possible to buy 50% discounted Komplete 13. I mention that for case, if you would not want to wait to summer 2023 for K14....