scarbee A-200 keeps popping up with "update" after complete reinstall

dreikelvin
dreikelvin Member Posts: 26 Member

I installed scarbee A-200 multiple times. deleted everything, reinstalled and it shows up fine inside the list in Native Access.

But as soon as I relocate the library from the /user/shared/ folder to the root directory of my hard drive (where I keep all my other NI libraries), it starts offering me to "update" it.

Of course, the installation of the update does nothing. It is pointless to update and yet it pops up again and again.

The update does not show up when it resides in user/shared/ however. So I suspect there is an issue with installation path handling of Native Access and only this specific library.

Tagged:

Comments

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 942 Guru

You could have saved time if you told us your OS (name and version) and version of Native Access.

The first step is to always make sure you are on the most current version of Native Access. People get stubborn about that, but being backleveled is one of the most often reasons for weird stuff happening like what you're experiencing.

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago on Windows. About 4 or 5 products kept coming back in NA as needing updates, then I would update them with NA, and they would still show as needing updates. I don't remember if the A200 was one that was affected, but there were several that were doing that. Maybe Cuba? Maybe North India? If memory serves, I had to update Native Access to the then-current version. I think I also had to manually uninstall those products from Windows and maybe remove their download folders or something. I probably had to do some other raindance stuff too; I don't remember all the details right now but it's all in my old forum posts.

Maybe search on my old posts. If you're on Windows, that is. I did write about the whole ugly ordeal, although I don't remember if I had started my own thread or if it was part of somebody else's thread. Once I fixed it, I told the story. Then I think I got scolded by an NI person that I didn't contact customer service. 😅 So there's that possibility too; open a ticket with the NA team.

Good luck.