Having to relocate every item after reinstalling Windows

TetraZwei
TetraZwei Member Posts: 2 Member
edited June 2022 in Native Access

Hey there,

Due to some issues with my Computer I had to reinstall my Windows 10 and of course reinstall Native Access and that stuff.

After first opening Native Acess I was shocked that I have to either reinstall everything, or relocate every item in the content manager itself even though I backed up all of those libraries and programs in my folder that I set in my preferences in native access.

Isn't there an easier way to do this, or do I really have to relocate every item by itself?

It really is a bummer since I'm very short with time and have more than over 300 items that have to clicked in Native Access. Pleas help me out.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

unfortunately there is no better way, i have to do the same procedure next month, and i will simply download everything over night and let it install without me watching it.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

unfortunately there is no better way, i have to do the same procedure next month, and i will simply download everything over night and let it install without me watching it.

• TetraZwei
    TetraZwei Member Posts: 2 Member

Thanks, I don't quite get it.

I mean NI could make it so much easier and other launcher systems definitely show that it's possible but NI seems to be stuck in the stone age regarding to this topic

• Uwe303
  • EddyHame
    EddyHame Member Posts: 3 Member

This really needs fixing.

At the moment I'm staring at 167 items downloading/copying from the USB3 hard disk so it can be reinstalled over the same items that are already on my Gen4 SSD.

I see RELOCATE ALL it on the roadmap - I can't understand why it isn't top priority for an installer utility to locate content already there, and that NI would rather see their servers get hammered downloading stuff that is literally on the same disk bit for bit.

• EddyHame

83 items to go...

• EddyHame
    edited September 2023

Well, that was painful! 6 hrs on an i9-13900 / 32GB DDR5 / NVMe Gen4 SSD / 1Gbps WAN🤣