Resume playlist

RobD
RobD Member Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2022 in Share Ideas for Traktor Pro

I change rooms at events and have a policy of not repeating tunes so it would be nice to be able reload a playlist and have a "continue set" option.

Also useful if traktor crashes and you want to resume where you were with the current played history

Tagged:
3 votes

Closed · Last Updated

This idea did not receive enough support from the community.

Comments

• DJ Avadhuta
    DJ Avadhuta Member Posts: 18 Helper
    edited June 2022

In order not to repeat tracks, I use two methods: 1) sorting by column "Last Played"; 2) I use smart playlists with the condition "not played in this session" or "exclude played for the last week/month". But it would be nice to add some smartlist functionality to regular playlists. For example, hide played tracks. So that when you jump through different sorting options, they do not get in the way before your eyes.

When navigating through playlists, the track selection on each playlist is where it was selected. But after closing Traktor, selection is lost. If there was a check box in the settings "Save selection on selected tracks at the exit", then this would be a great update. Perhaps this is what you meant, when you open Traktor even the next day, and a selected track from the last session is highlighted in the playlist.

• DJ Avadhuta
    DJ Avadhuta Member Posts: 18 Helper

Regarding the preservation of history, I see only one way that I use when I move from one dance floor to another: Between sets, close/exit the Traktor and open it again on the next stage. In this case, several History playlists are saved in the Archive folder in one day.

But in the case of a crash, the Traktor loses all the actions of the current session, since it does not have time to save the Collection. I think the developers know the wish not to lose changes in case of a crash. I see only one way out so far. Manually save the Collection, either through the pop-up menu above the Collection title, or assign a hotkey in mapping, for example Cmd+S (Ctrl+S). And use it from time to time when it's scary to lose changes during the session.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Thank you @DJ Avadhuta for submitting this idea. We’re now tracking demand for this feature. More details are always welcome so feel free to include as much info as possible to help us better understand your use case. Check out our tips here.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,523 admin

Unfortunately this idea did not receive enough votes over the allotted time. We are closing the post.

Note that our ideas section doesn't reflect the Traktor team's backlog. Even if this idea hasn't been brought up to the team at this time, that doesn't mean it'll never be implemented in the future.

For more info about how your feedback reaches NI, please have a look here.

This discussion has been closed.