I can not get Native Access to work on my PC - Can not find downloader

Simoof
Simoof Member Posts: 11 Member
edited May 2022 in Native Access

I have installed 1.14.1 version but no matter what i click I get a error as follows:

Downloading (PRODUCT) failed: Could not find downloader

I have run compatibly modes, as admin and with firewall off. Compatibility mode sometimes gets be past the error but nothing seems to happen and it only if I run the wizard.

Windows 11 - 9700k - Frustrated User.

Best Answers

Answers

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 994 Guru
    Answer βœ“

There's no version mentioned on the Native Access web page or download area, but 1.14.1 sounds old to me - I'm currently using 2.0.4 on Windows 11.

• Simoof
    edited May 2022

OK, The web people have really messed up if thats the case. (edit: they have)

EDIT:

V2.0.4 :

V1.14.1:

v1.13.5:

(they are fast at fixing the site mind you as the link on new instruments is now updated to 1.14.1 after I reported issues registering a new product - v1.13.5 would not work at all for me. less that 24hours of a fix)

OP:

The link provided on the card that comes with new hardware links to version 1.13.5; as does most other links. It took me a lot of clicks to find 1.14.1. Where did you find 2.04? Are you sure? 1.14.1 works fine on another pc for me, but that doesn't have any of my other neeeded software or hardware.

I have set up junctions so that cubase would install on a drive I wanted it instead of (until v12) just installing where it wanted to put itself. I think this might be partially to blame as I can think of no other major difference.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    Answer βœ“

Native Access 2 is meant for Komplete Now users for the time being, hence why it's not advertised much - except for on the Now product page.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/4697682604049

• Simoof

Fair enough, I understand a bit better. But v2 is the only version that actually works* on my music pc. So I am glad to have stumbled upon it.

Thank you PK the DJ for saving my weekend!

*I love the hardware but the access software is frustrating. Nearly every thing I went to install deleted the download before installation was complete. So I have half-installed software telling me it was installed - I had to make a copy of the files before they self-destructed. Then I could install at my leisure. I understand a few of the ideas behind it and am all for that, but please at least wait for the installation to be completed successfully before you make the installation process break.

I also find it irritating (mildly; a sigh as opposed to an increase in blood pressure) to waste time downloading software direct from a website for that software to download a newer version of itself. The link downloads 2.0.2. The irony of "Everything in One Place" is not lost on me. They should try that with their access software on their website.

I am not trying to create hate here, juts pointing out a stinky first experience for feedback should NI peruse this forum. I support a few friends who are musicians and not computerians. Helping them out with this is going to be a nightmare. It's not as bad as Cubase's "oh, that only downloads the huge installation file. You need to click it again to install it. And now you need to manually delete the install file to make space."

Thanks for taking the time to indulge me. I shall pass my learnings on threefold :)

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert
    edited May 2022

The installer files usually only get deleted after the installation is completed.

Reading what you wrote, it appears to me that - maybe - there could be an overly aggressive antivirus or similar on your PC interfering. Have you checked that possibility already?

Try excluding your NA's 'Download location' and try downloading something again.

• Simoof

I did think that too. I ran my PC naked :D

I changed the DL location from public to my own downloads folder. The iso's were getting unmounted which my AV can't do. The zip file installers worked fine, and the isos stay mounted if I run them from a copied version. I know enough about PC's to know I don't know what is happening here. but it sure does make this a challenge. Google does make me think it's something about my set up, that I am probably an edge case. I am more than happy to blame windows. :D

I have it all sorted now and have my workarounds should I encounter the issue again (and for anyone who has the same issue, sharing it here).

Hardware & community - top notch! 😁

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 994 Guru
    Answer βœ“

Thank you PK the DJ for saving my weekend!

No problem. Glad to help. πŸ˜ƒ