How can i use bluetooth devices as speaker (output) with ASIO4ALL driver on Komplete Kontrole app ?

Rafuum
Rafuum Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited 12:02PM in Komplete Kontrol

I recently purchased an A49 and a laptop because i plan to go to another town than my home town for my studies. I wanted to take a look at what could the A49 do, so i downloaded everything (komplete kontrole, kontakt 7, Reaktor 6 and other stuff from the native access app such as Ethereal Earth). The speaker from my laptop worked just fine, but the issue was with other output devices: headphones, bluetooth devices…

Before being able to play some music with the keyboard, i had to install the driver ASIO from ASIO4ALL website in order to have minimum latency. But now i am stuck because i cant connect the "ASIO control pannel" to bluetooth devices without it crashing.

Thank you for reading this question and i hope you will be able to answer it

Have a good day

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,627 Expert

My advice would be - avoid using ASIO4ALL and avoid using Bluetooth for audio.

If you're suffering from latency, Bluetooth will only make it worse. Use an audio interface that has a dedicated ASIO driver (ASIO4ALL is a bodge) and use a wired connection to your speakers or headphones.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 897 Guru

I would think you'd simply use the Windows Bluetooth and other device setting page to attach to your BT speaker. That's how most BT devices get attached. But you'll probably have some latency between what you play and what you hear.

• Rafuum
    Rafuum Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Thank you for your answers !

But even using headphones connected via jack doesn't work (when using ASIO4ALL), so what should i do ? And what are the other ways to get a free asio driver ?

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 312 Advisor
    edited August 17

if your internal speakers work fine, doesn’t plugging in your headphones make them work automatically?

Or might be selectable under the device preferences on Kontakt etc?

I doubt you will be able to use Bluetooth to play, as in playing your A49 or recording, too much latency, Bluetooth is fine for playing back something that’s recorded etc but not for live playing.

What most of us do is use a separate audio interface that comes with its own ASIO driver. You don’t have to spend loads, a second hand one (not FireWire as it’s an old tech that while good, won’t be on your laptop) will be fine, or a cheap basic one.

I recently bought the Presonus Audiobox Go to use with my MacBook and it’s only £59, it connects to your laptop via USB C and has a dedicated headphone port. I use this when using my laptop and 49note midi controller in my armchair. Works superbly v]both on external speakers and headphones.

Mine (I live in the UK) came with a load of bundled software (check first, don’t blame me if these aren’t included where you live or Presonus has changed what they give), as shown in the below 2 pics

This discussion has been closed.