Flexible Beatgrids

Comments

• Neddac
    Neddac Member Posts: 32 Member

If/when this is rolled out, am I correct to assume it will only be for Traktor 3?

• T.Side
    T.Side Member Posts: 9 Member

Hi @Jonas_NI : It would be highly appreciated if you could share some insights about the status of the research of Flexible beatgrids.

1. Have you already found the appropriate design to fit into Traktor's architecture's ecosystem?
    2. If so, how is the schedule of the development look like and when can we expect at least the delivery of the beta?
    3. If the design is not ready yet, then what do you think, how long will it take to find the right design?
    4. Is there anything what we as Traktor users could help with to move this development forward?
  • Jackpot Slot Machine
    Jackpot Slot Machine Member Posts: 18 Helper

Hi Jonas,

Which other feature(s) does it need to be compatible with? The subscription model ?

If you are having trouble integrating it, why not release a small side program to warp/stretch tracks before importing into the collection? Not everyone has access to Ableton or even know how to use Ableton warp. A secondary program could easily be coded after all you own Isotope now so you have the technology.

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro

That would be repeating the mistake of not enabling realtime stems in the first place

Now the industry has surpassed traktor regarding stems, probably for good.

Convenience is King

• Demus
    Demus Member Posts: 152 Pro
    edited February 2023

I know that a lot of people will say that Traktor Pro 3 doesn't do flexible BPM but there is no other DJ program that does flexible BPM in real time without you doing a lot of grid editing. In fact, the only DJ software that does flexible beat gridding in real time is Deckadance DJ and that program has been abandon since 2017. My opinion, NI should contact that programmer to see how they did it so many years ago. Because that's what real time flexible beat gridding should be. Everyone should try the demo to see what I mean by real time flexible beat gridding. Now if NI can do that with their implementation of flexible beat gridding. That would be a game changer for me. With stems Virtual DJ is top to me only because they have 5 stages of separation compared to Serato DJ with 4. Let's see what NI can do with their take on real time stems.

• djsepp
    djsepp Member Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2023

They just can ask the Programmers of Ableton...

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 45 Helper
    edited February 2023

You're right, we need to be careful what we wish for. I now prep the old-school off-grid tracks that I play regularly in Logic Pro X. It's Smart Tempo feature is pretty good but it still requires some manual adjustment in places. For years, I thought I wanted flexible beatgrids in Traktor but now, I would rather prep tracks in LPX and use those versions in my sets.

• Demus
    edited February 2023

All the modern DAW's does this in some form, even Platinum Note from Mixed in Key claim to correct this but it doesn't. But that's like a lot of work to fix my older files using a DAW. old school Reggae, Roots Reggae, Dub, Soca, Disco, R&B. The way Deckadance does it is similar to the DAWs. But on the fly but more accurate, you just don't have the ability to edit😩. It just like stems many software does stems, but on the fly or real time stems is much better for the DJ to be able to work with tracks. Just my opinion. You don't need to tell the algorithm in Deckadance that a file needs to be scan as a dynamic beat grid it just does it automatically.

• Demus
    edited February 2023

The only DJ program that has a real time flexible beat grid is Deckadance DJ. If you don't believe me, try the demo and see what I am talking about, sadly though the program was abandon and I think it was purchased by the Gibson. The same company that controls Denon/Engine DJ. I personally hope that Traktor will be doing their flexible beat like Deckadance DJ and not like the other major DJ programs. 🙏

• SteveKDJ
    SteveKDJ Member Posts: 133 Helper
    edited February 2023

see and search.. djtechreviews.com

• dj_estrela
    dj_estrela Member Posts: 158 Pro
    edited February 2023

Flexible beatgrids advanced in the roadmap.

its now "active" + "in research".

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5305/traktor-pro-3-feature-roadmap

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,571 admin

Hi @Demus thanks for sharing. We've got an ongoing discussion here so I've merged your discussion with this idea instead.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Helper
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ashley Brown
    Ashley Brown Member Posts: 13 Member

+1

Long overdue, needs to happen! Please add this!