Bug: Maschine+ unable to load any Reaktor sound

Options
2»

Comments

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,354 Expert
    Options

No Massive problems ever before (pun intended).

Project started on M+, 3 months ago, edited in M2 app recently, then tried on M+ after recovery.

• ozon
    Options

Sorry to hear! I guess it’s related to using the beta. Maybe you can contact Alfredo directly and refer to this thread.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,713 mod
    Options

Hey @ozon @D-One VST3 is not supported on M+, if you create a Massive track on a project when in the Maschine software make sure that it's a VST2 version of Massive.

• ozon
    Options

Thank you, that explains the source of the error. But, how to do that? I just loaded a Sound from the Drop Squad Expansion using the Browser.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

I don't think it's related to VST3, at least not for me.

Loading Reaktor anything from Instruments> Rektor results in:

Error: The following Plug-Ins could not be loaded

Reaktor 6 VST.

Browsing the presets is also incredibly slow. It also affects anything that depends on Reaktor like Monark and Prism. Massive, FM and Kontakt seem to work fine. I reset the M+ and used a fresh SD Card, no difference.

There's also no option to uninstall / reinstall Reaktor.

Oh, OK. Will try that. After installing the version support sent you what versions show up for you?

1.4.0 or 1.4.0.3? For me it's the latter, MAS 2.15.1 (R7) Firmwaare 0.1.9.

• ozon
    Options

@D-One wrote

I don't think it's related to VST3, at least not for me.

My problems with Reaktor and Massive seem to be completely unrelated but result in the same error screen.

• The problem with Reaktor seems to be related to the 1.4 Beta which included a Reaktor 6.4.4 Beta that was not properly update with the final 1.4 Release version.
    • The problem with Massive is related to editing a Project in the desktop software (which now defaults to VST3 plugins when loading Sounds) and moving it back to the M+ (which is still on VST2 plugins).

After installing the version support sent you what versions show up for you?

It shows exactly the same versions as before:

• System Version 1.4.0.3
    • Maschine Version 2.15.1 (R7)
    • Firmware 0.1.9

And Reaktor 6.4.4.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Oh sorry @D-One I thought you had also an issue with Massive, if it's only Reaktor, my colleague was able to fix it, I can handle him your case if you want. He could also check the slow browsing.

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@ozon Loading sounds from the browser automatically loads the Massive VST3 by default. You can either open a Massive VST instance from the sound / group itself but then you can't choose what preset you're loadidng. The only way to prevent Maschine to load VST3 is to remove the VST3 file from it's folder:

Macintosh HD > Library > Audio > Plug-Ins > VST3

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    edited June 2022
    Options

In your VST3 folder, just delete or rename Massive, VST3 offers zero advantages in Maschine over VST2.

I'm not at my software, but isn't there a tickbox in settings for which to use, or was that just mac AU v VST?

• realname
    realname Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

hopefully you got it sorted - you need to go through support to get the reaktor installation files. Something to do with beta i think.

• ozon
    Options
  • ozon
    Options

My main DAW is Cubase. I want to use all NI VST3 there. Also I’m generally trying to get rid of as many VST2 as I can, because it’s a legacy format that will be unsupported soon.

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

I checked in settings, just untick the VST3 version in Maschines plugin list, and it will only use the VST2.

VST3 will be available on all your other DAWs.