Native Access 3.12.0 won't open

Answers

• OpenMind
    OpenMind Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I solved not being able to run 3.12.1 by installing https://aka.ms/vs/17/release/vc_redist.x64.exe and choosing REPAIR during install.

• Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 187 Advisor

So much fun using NI plugins… 👌

• Thalys
    Thalys Member Posts: 6 Member

@OpenMind
    I had the same problem NA 3.12.1 not starting... and found the following solution (not very elegant, but it works)

As NA installs applications for all users of your PC, I created a new user with admin privileges just for that and now the installation of NA 3.12.1 works normally.

Of course, to check for NI updates, I have to log in as that new user... not very practical, but it works.

It's likely that there's some corruption or specific software that's preventing NA 3.12.1 from starting up in your current environment..

• JesusisGod
    JesusisGod Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Quick question everybody, does deleting Native Access and reinstalling it mean you have to install all of your plug ins again. I know that it will take days if I have to do that. NA is not opening on Windows 11 for me and I have done a lot of troubleshooting. It seems like there is some sort of update, but I am nervous to install a new one or delete the one I have because I don't want to have to reinstall my products. Does anyone know if downloads stay installed if you delete and reinstall Native Access?

• Hayo_NI
    Hayo_NI Product Team Posts: 316 mod

Hey @JesusisGod , Nope you can uninstall NA and your plugins stay installed

• KTBrown
    KTBrown Member Posts: 2 Member

I tried this from the link provided but it still wouldn't open. Has anyone else had any luck? I'm so frustrated - just upgraded to Komplete 14 and managed to download one instrument. Now can't get back into it.

(Win10 64)

• KTBrown
    KTBrown Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

Just found this under support and it seems to have fixed the problem. Phew!

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/19993531851165-Native-Access-Does-Not-Start-after-Update-3-12-0-Windows

• Hayo_NI

Hi all,

Thanks to several of you who reached out, we were able to debug and resolve the underlying issue. We apologize that this occurred. We will prepare a release early next week to address this for all users. If you need to break through in the short term, our customer care team can be reached here. Please make it clear what the issue is that you're running into so that they can make sure to provide you with the right solution for your troubles.

• whitbymusic
    whitbymusic Member Posts: 15 Member

Mine loops on "Dependency installation process is taking longer than normal…"

The closest I got was some Indian call centre where they spoke like a bot and cut and paste platitudes.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,509 mod

You've been very rude to my colleagues. We can understand your frustration but there's a minimum of respect expected. Feel free to reach out again when you're ready to interact respectfully.

• Hayo_NI

Hi all,

Some users still reported this issue happening for them after we patched it in 3.12.1. We've tested with many of you, and it seems that our proposed fix solved the issue. Today, we have officially released in on the live versions of Native Access (version 3.13.0). If you are/were impacted, or have reached out to me privately for support on this issue, please uninstall the version of Native Access and the NTK Daemon from your device, and reinstall from the official website page. Thank you, and apologise for the inconvenience we caused!

• Skylator
    Skylator Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

Hello,

After my recent purcharse of Komplete 14 ultimate, I've installed all the software with Native access without any trouble.

Yesterday, an update of native access was launched,I've got a message asking me to uninstall NTK Daemon, which i did.

Then I reinstalled native access and the screen remains blank.

I've tried all the solutions and windows software updates suggested on the site without success. I tried to download NTK Daemon on Native site but it's unavalaible…

I'm a bit disapointed.

Sorry for my english

• Skylator
    Skylator Member Posts: 4 Newcomer

In addition, the NTK daemon file for Windows is not accessible on the drive:

"No overview available.
    The file is in the owner's recycle bin"