Can you animate the background of a Reaktor ensamble?

TomekBruml
TomekBruml Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
edited 3:47PM in Building With Reaktor

I would Like to have an animation as the background of the synth I am building in Primary. Is this possible? How?

I would also like to change the background as i turn a knob. Is this possible?

Tagged:

Comments

• Sunborn
    Sunborn NKS User Library Mod Posts: 2,773 mod
    edited May 14

Nope. At least not officially, because it supports only .png, .bmp and .tga image format type.

Now, if any of our advanced Reaktor users is aware of some kind of "trick" to do that, i don't know… :-)

• Chet Singer
    Chet Singer Member Posts: 71 Advisor

You can do it with a multi-picture. Just append all of the images together into a single png file and choose one via the index. I made an ensemble called Dannenberg Wind Oscillator that uses this technique to display pictures of musical instruments. I'm not animating it though, just selecting a picture using a knob. If you animate it, gate it with the display clock (25 images/second) so minimize CPU usage.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/11879/

You can also do it with a stacked macro. Create macros inside it and load a picture within each macro and select them using the panel index. It's an awkward hack, but possible.

There's an ensemble I made called Beauchamp Brass which has ten selectable backgrounds, via buttons at the bottom of the screen. It uses this technique.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-library/entry/show/14985/

• ANDREW221231
    ANDREW221231 Member Posts: 347 Pro

stacked macros!!

did this once on a mystery button in a synth i uploaded to the UL so if people pressed it they would get a jump scare of my forum profile picture lol.

you could do the same thing with one frame/picture per macro in the stack, which is controllable with a knob or clock or whatever you'd want really

• Moonbot7000
    Moonbot7000 Member Posts: 64 Member

Technical it's possible to do geometric drawing with the multi display and an audio table, but we don't have any framework for shapes and modulation so you would have to figure out all the math. Pure Data has a framework, would love for someone to port that over that's smarter than me.

This discussion has been closed.