[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• electrow2000
    electrow2000 Member Posts: 9 Member

Windows 10. After making sure the Halion 6 plugin works fine in Cubase 12. I installed your Halion file according to instructions. The H6 VST plugin shows up in the file selectors in both KK & Maschine. And I can load presets by opening the H6 plugin and using its file selector in Maschine but not from the Maschine browser where your files are found. (The preview samples play fine BTW). The message I get is: HALion 6 could not be loaded.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

regardless thanks for the good work Jester

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,577 Expert

Usually, "plugin cannot be loaded" means the plugin is not available to Komplete Kontrol.

Can you show me the plugin listed here:

• electrow2000
    electrow2000 Member Posts: 9 Member

Attached are two jpegs. One shows no VST 3 folder in KK. The other shows the VST 3 path in KK Preferences and Common folder

• JesterMgee

You need to update Komplete Kontrol. As is stated on the product page, KK 2.18 is the required version which adds VST3 support, Halion 6 will only work in KK with the NKS as a VST3. Always check the compatibility section to know if it will work for you.

Fix is to update your version of KK to latest and then the VST3 version should appear and then things will work.

• JesterMgee

Cherry Audio VST3 Updates

All libraries for Cherry Audio have now been updated to VST3 compatibility. This has required not just the presets to be converted to VST3 compatibility but also all controller templates had to be converted by hand to be able to work with VST3 and while I have done my best to check and confirm all controls are correctly updated, if you find any issues let me know and i'll get them fixed.

You will find updates/upgrades available in your user download area, some have a small fee others are free. If you not "need" VST3 you do not have to update, VST2 downloads are all still available.

Cherry Audio GX-80 NKS Library Now Available [VST3 Only]

The latest Cherry Audio GX-80 is now NKS ready.

The control template in this release is quite hefty at I think 38 pages due to the fact this monster synth has 2 sections and 2 layers of controls. It took a few days to really figure out a template that offered functional control but also in-depth access for those that rely on hardware control. I have done my best to lay out the most useful parameters at the start of the pages and more in-depth controls in later pages.

All presets have been fully tagged and include the usual artwork, sound previews and banks for all artist libraries included in the factory library.

Cherry Audio Synth Stack 3 NKS Library Collection Now Available [VST3 Only]

To coincide with the latest "Synth Stack" bundle, there is now an available NKS bundle that covers all the instruments in the collection.

This bundle is VST3 compatible with no VST2 option but if you REALLY need VST2 then let me know. Note that the latest GX-80 does NOT have a VST2 option at all as this was developed using the latest VST3 version of the plugin and there will not be a VST2 compatible NKS library!

Also note that this does not cover "Voltage Modular" as it is not a practical synth for NKS. There are no plans to cover it in future.

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 56 Member

Cool... 😎

• Peter Kilgour
    Peter Kilgour Member Posts: 10 Member

Just purchased all the Spectronics and Cherry Audio VST3 upgrades and I'm happy to say all working on my macbook air m1 (so far)!

• JesterMgee

Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah should all work, I can test obviously the VST3 side is working on PC/Mac (intel) but I cannot test M1 compatibility tho that is out of my hands anyway since there is nothing I can do on that side of things, all I can do is make sure things work in the VST3 version then it's the developers area to make their plugin work on M1.

The only thing to keep an eye out for is the parameters in the Cherry Audio plugins actually control what they are suppose to. Every single parameter in every plugin had to be re-mapped but I managed to just update the IDs for this and keep the labels as they already were so there is a chance an ID is not mapped correctly and it appears as the wrong parameter. It's an easy fix and in my quick tests it all looked good but there are thousands of parameters to check over so there could be the odd problem.

• JesterMgee

Update Available: Roland Cloud Zenology SDZ Vol2

If you have the Roland Cloud Zenology SDZ Vol2 library bundle there is an update available now that adds the following banks:

SDZ109 Caribbean Nights

SDZ110 Voltage Waves

SDZ111 Gravity Loop

SDZ112 Dirty EPs & Guitars

SDZ113 Melodic Electronic

SDZ114 Augmented Reality

SDZ115 Dark Sky

SDZ116 Electro Pop

Download the updated library from your My Download area.

• JesterMgee

A small fix for the banks in this one, the latest update had the banks under "Expansions" not "SDZ Sound Packs". If it bothers you you can download the fix

• JesterMgee

Arturia Analog V VST3 Info...

I have done some tests with Analog Lab V and updating presets to VST3 and disappointingly the NSK presets I have will not load in the VST3 version for whatever reason. The plugin will load but the sound does not.

This will require a complete redo which given how long it took to make initially and the huge number of presets, it's not something I want to do so don't expect a VST3 version of this one any time soon, could be over a year away (maybe never) but who knows.

VST2 works fine so I cannot understand what kind of changes they would have made to not load the same data into the VST3 version. First plugin so far I have hit this issue with.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,712 mod

I know Arturia are working on migration with NI so I would hope they are able to fix it with their plugins themselves but given Analog Lab was never NKS ready there’s a possibility any changes won’t apply to that one

• JesterMgee

Yeah I expect that will be the case.

The controls migrate between VST2/3, tested that and it's all fine on that front so would have been an easy update. Looking at the actual plugin data it appears to be roughly the same data too so I cannot understand why it wont accept the data.

I've been experimenting and I may have a crude way to basically take each preset (bank by bank), look it up in Analog Lab VST3, reload it then resave it with the same NKS attributes. Still a complicated mess but at least it's a possible option. I recall doing this same kind of thing between AL4 to AL5 because of the change in interface. Will still take weeks to complete tho and has knocked this way down the list for an update because of it.

Also, while I am at it, I have also tested IK Multimedia Sampletank for NKS and while I have figured out a way to make them (even to overcome their ****** issue where host automation clears itself on every preset change) I have discovered a bug (after days of making everything else work) where some parameters are not exporting incorrectly and will map to the wrong parameter (effects on/off parameters for the 5 slots all export mapping to effect 1). This is a bug in their plugin which I have reported to them and asked for an ETA on a fix, just waiting for their support to get back to me which I suspect will not be until next year so cannot do anything more on that until they fix their stuff. Personally I am hating their product line for a number of reasons, least enjoyable experience I have had so far but alas, that is a whole other topic.

• JesterMgee

Yeah I expect that will be the case.

The controls migrate between VST2/3, tested that and it's all fine on that front so would have been an easy update. Looking at the actual plugin data it appears to be roughly the same data too so I cannot understand why it wont accept the data.

I've been experimenting and I may have a crude way to basically take each preset (bank by bank), look it up in Analog Lab VST3, reload it then resave it with the same NKS attributes. Still a complicated mess but at least it's a possible option. I recall doing this same kind of thing between AL4 to AL5 because of the change in interface. Will still take weeks to complete tho and has knocked this way down the list for an update because of it.

Also, while I am at it, I have also tested IK Multimedia Sampletank for NKS and while I have figured out a way to make them (even to overcome the major issue where host automation clears itself on every preset change) I have discovered a bug (after days of making everything else work) where some parameters are not exporting incorrectly and will map to the wrong parameter (effects on/off parameters for the 5 slots all export mapping to effect 1). This is a bug in their plugin which I have reported to them and asked for an ETA on a fix, just waiting for their support to get back to me which I suspect will not be until next year so cannot do anything more on that until they fix their stuff. Personally I am hating their product line for a number of reasons, least enjoyable experience I have had so far but alas, that is a whole other topic.