[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Comments

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,534 Expert
    edited December 2022

Ah, the absolute joy of owning a mac computer. Just tested and all is fine on Windows, no issue playing anything, no issues switching between instruments. Only issue I have with Halion is if I enable host automation on parameters to dive deep and recall this it works on the computer I created the NKS on but if I open it on another machine, the host automation mappings reset.

The playback issue Kymeia is most likely a KK issue. I have noted a few weird quirks with KK on Mac such as saving a NKS file when the same name exists in any sub folder causes "do you want to replace" message even tho it should save to the root of the plugin folder and not override anything anyway.

This is why I would strongly encourage users to test the demo versions of libraries ESPECIALLY if you are a mac user.

NOTE ON ROLAND CLOUD / M1 / VST3

This is a good time to also remind mac users that you have homework to do! Just because a VST3 version of a library is now available does NOT automagically mean it works on your M1 computer. I think every mac user needs to approach every choice in plugin and software as it does NOT work until you find some info on the net somewhere that specifically says your system is supported.

Currently, VST is NOT supported for Roland Cloud under M1, only AU which means to use Roland Cloud at the moment in KK you need to be in Rosetta mode. I have asked Roland if VST3 will be supported and they have said it is being worked on but no ETA currently, so as usual mac users are stuck waiting for the world to adapt. See this compatibility list for updates:

• Diam
    Diam Member Posts: 210 Helper

I am running Monterey on an Intel Mac mini, so that may be another factor. The presets do seem to be working fine, as far as I can tell. I just downloaded the Halion demo NKS to test it out.

• Diam

Sure. The steps to reproduce in this instance were pretty straight forward.

1.Open KK and load a Halion patch, then replace with a preset from another plugin (I was using Diva in this case). So far so good.

2.Now try to reinstantiate Halion by selecting a preset and replacing the current loaded plugin instance. At this point KK shows the error prompt window saying plugin not found.

Same is apparent across my other VST3 Steinberg user templates sourced from the forum. This leads me to believe it is specifically an isolated Steinberg plugin related issue.

• JesterMgee

Ok, thanks. Yeah on Windows those steps don't cause any problems so def a mac specific issue and probably more a Steinberg issue. I note NI are aware of issued in this area and said possibly improvements will happen in the next KK version so will have to wait and see

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

Hi same problems here all my Steinberg Plugin Groove Agent 5 / HALion 6 / HALion Sonic 3 (exept Padshop) does'nt recieve midi information inside Komplete Kontrol (VST2 working). I was using only Padshop VST3 and it work inside Komplete Kontrol. But the VST3 HALion family & Groove Agent don't recieve midi inside Komplete Kontrol (Standalone or plugin). need some help here....

I'm on Win 11

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

NI are aware of this and I believe a fix is due but not sure when

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 51 Member

ok thank you....

• JesterMgee

Works for me and I’m in win 11 or I wouldn’t have been able to generate previews. Seems strange but considering Steinberg are the only plugins that have had any issues in 7 years I’ve been doing this it’s not a good look for their own work with VST. Could also be a sign that VST3 just isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

• JesterMgee

Well, can confirm what others have said with Izotope IRIS 2 and VST3. Just crashes for me when I try load, VST2 loads fine.

Wither KK is really unstable with VST3 at the moment or VST3 is really just not a stable option like VST2 was. Think possibly it's a little from both camps but Iris 2 looks like it will now be passed over and no further updates will happen on my side for it.

• Diam

Good to know. For the most part it is manageable. Think I will grab the full Halion map at some point as it is a much easier way to have an overview of all of the Absolute 5 presets. Hopefully some of these issues do resolve in time.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert

Pleased to find out that NI must have snuck in the fix we were waiting for for Steinberg plugins on Mac in the last update (not in the release notes though) so they are now all working (although Padshop 2 is still the only one I have that supports Apple Silicon)

• Beatfox
    Beatfox Member Posts: 1 Member

Question regarding pricing: I noticed when going through the checkout process that the AU 10% GST gets added to my total, even though I'm in the US. Surely this is a mistake? I know that US customers aren't supposed to be charged VAT when buying from EU online shops, and it's my understanding that purchases from AU are similarly zero-rated.

See: https://www.austrade.gov.au/contact/faqs/do-i-need-to-charge-goods-and-services-tax-gst-on-sales-to-overseas-customers

• JesterMgee
    edited December 2022

Please contact me via the website in regards to anything cost related

• Peter Kilgour
    Peter Kilgour Member Posts: 10 Member

I see there's another Komplete Kontrol update, I hope this helps and doesn't hinder...

• JesterMgee

Won't do either, it's just an incremental update to address issues with Uhe is all.