[NKS] Freelance Soundlabs 3rd Party NKS Libraries for Komplete Kontrol / Maschine

Options

Comments

• terrybritton
    terrybritton Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Just bought the System 8 and Jupiter 8 items, and they are BRILLIANT! They really make those synths much more useful for me. Thank you so much!

Terry

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,600 Expert
    Options

Good to hear 👍️

• Home Studio
    Home Studio Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Wow that's big news...Steinberg.....& others Thank you...

• JesterMgee
    edited November 2022
    Options

UPDATED: Spectrasonics Libraries for VST3

Here is the first in a long list of updates that will start to roll out to add support for VST3 so hopefully this helps close the gap of unsupported stuff for Apple Silicon users.

Spectrasonics plugins are all Apple Silicon approved and now the libraries I have developed have all been updated (with the exception of 3rd party libraries which will happen at some stage) to load the VST3 version of the plugin. This has taken a good few months to try and update these and have them actually work but I am finally pleased to say this should now allow you to load presets into the VST3 version of plugins.

It is not a requirement at all to switch to VST3 if VST2 is working fine for you but please note that moving forward once a library has been updated to VST3 all updates and maintenance will be done only for the VST3 version. Downloads will still be available for the VST2 version in your user download area but will eventually be phased out so it is recommended to look at updating projects when possible to start using the VST3 version of supported plugins.

All NKS libraries that I have upgraded to work with VST3 will now show a v3.x in the properties box of the NKS file:

Previous libraries were all 2.x which basically means they were developed using the VST2 version of plugins.

Additional Updated Features

In addition to the VST3 migration there are a couple of new updates in these bundles too:

• Added MULTI presets to Omnisphere
    • Added MULTI presets to Trilian
    • Keyscape now loads the Keyscape Factory presets in Omnisphere WITH all the custom macro controls instead of just the standard Omnisphere controls so for users that have been wanting to use Omnisphere and not have to use Keyscape this should now be a possibility.

How To Update

To update your libraries you will need to go to the above links (or the product pages) and there is a small upgrade cost for the main factory libraries but all expansion libraries (such as Bob Moog, Sonic Extensions and eventually 3rd party libraries) are all free updates. All you need to do is delete your existing NKS library and replace it with the new one. It should load and behave the same but should load the VST3 plugin. Looking for feedback from M1 users to confirm all is good.

What About Projects using the VST2 version?

This updates the NKS library only, there is no way for me to make projects work with the VST3 plugin, that is a developer requirement.

If you are not an Apple Silicon user you can still have BOTH VST2 and VST3 plugins installed for compatibility but what I would recommend is updating the NKS library to VST3 to start using the VST3 version and where possible, load and update older projects to VST3 also just so you are prepared moving forward.

If you ARE an Apple Silicon user (or any user) that needs/wants to update projects to VST3, here is a suggested workflow to update your projects:

• First, load your DAW in Rosetta mode so you have access to the VST2 version
    • Open the instance of Omnisphere on a track and use the Utility->Save Patch As option
    • Select Omnisphere from the Plugin->VST3 menu in KK
    • Load ANY NKS preset from the new VST3 enabled NKS library to load the VST3 version of Omnisphere with the custom mappings
    • From the Utility menu in Omnisphere, select the saved patch and load this into Omnisphere.

What About Other Plugins and VST3?

If you need to know the status of plugins and if they support VST2, VST3 or both (Migratable) I have this all listed in THIS post at the start of this thread which I am updating as I work through and test everything.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    edited November 2022
    Options

Tested the demo on my M1 Mac Studio (on Ventura) in native mode and loads fine with params all working

• Home Studio
    Options

Thank you for the "gift" and the nice price upgrade 😎

• JesterMgee
    Options

Cheers, hope it allows people to at least close the gap of missing plugins and of course hope it works as expected, I really have not had the time to dig really deep, only make sure things load and controls work on both PC and Mac but my mac is a 2019 Intel based machine running macOS 12 so cannot test M1 and certainly not updating to Ventura any time soon so all feedback is useful.

Hoping the upgrade cost is acceptable for people, figure most that can afford a mac can afford a coffee and given the number of hours involved and the fact i'm now running 3 computers to do the work it's quite a process.

• Home Studio
    Options

just to let you know that the Korg ARP odyssey is VST3 now and your NKS works

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,742 mod
    edited November 2022
    Options

The KORG apps mostly migrate but some have anomalies with mismatched and out of sync params so the NKS patches need versions specifically made for the VST3 - it’s fixable though, I have fixed some of them for myself already but these are not my patches to share

• Home Studio
    edited November 2022
    Options

No Problem I will wait for Jester release.... Freelance soundlabs is my NKS shop 😎

• JesterMgee
    Options

Yeah as Kymeia said, the plugins will load but the parameters dont sync so new templates have to be created for these. I still have to install the Korg plugins on my new system to test but will be looking to update both Korg and Cherry Audio next month

• JesterMgee
    edited November 2022
    Options

Korg Instrument NKS Notice for VST3

While I have had some reports from users saying NKS libraries for some Korg instruments appear to load using the VST3 versions, the issue that has been discovered is the controls are all over the place and do not match the original mappings. Preset data appears to load just fine but controls do not work. Some plugins will not load at all.

This is just a notice to say I am aware of this and will have an updated VST3 only version of all these libraries soon along with the new ones in the Korg Collection 4 bundle.

There is STILL a long standing issue in both Polysix and MS-20 where the NKS preset you load shows the wrong name in the plugin but this is a plugin issue which I reported through to Korg twise demonstrating this same issue used in both Reaper and Ableton Live just saving projects then installing a new preset library into these plugins, their programming on the way they resolve the names is terrible and their service matches this with all my emails going unanswered. I place Korg way up there with the worst companies to deal with.

Alas, bit off topic, As much as I dislike Korg as a company these days I will have these libraries updated in the coming weeks to VST3

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 73 Helper
    edited November 2022
    Options

@JesterMgee I noticed the other day you had Zenology Pro patches available on your website, but can't seem to find them anymore. Are these still available?

thanks

• JesterMgee
    Options

Removed them because there were some issues I have to address. Will be up next week hopefully but i'm having a weekend off this weekend.

• trusampler
    trusampler Member Posts: 73 Helper
    Options

Thanks for the update