Error Message: Duplicate Location

DaveM503
DaveM503 Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Maschine

After this I made a new folder which that was rejected as well. Sorry All, Noob here.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Any library path specified that has all or part of an existing path in it will generate this message. for example if you have /samples/drums added as a user library and you try and add /samples/drums/hihats, you will get that message. do note, that if you set a library location and there are folders underneath that have "registerable" content those will be added as Banks under the main header in the browser. Hope that helps...

• DaveM503

Thank you. I am trying to have Maschine on c:\ and any other content on a D:\ drive. I've followed many tutorials and NI instructions. I've done nothing but become more confused the further I go. I have Native Access with all my products. When I download Maschine to C then for troubleshooting purposes hoping to learn something very basic I load the Maschine sounds also to C. When I open Maschine the sounds are not there or are not loaded in the browser. I go into Maschine preferences and I see the sounds there but they are not in the browser library. I apologize for knowing very little about computers and file management. It's designed well but very complex. I have a laundry list of other issues or questions too. First off are all my problems because I'm supposed to pre assign the folders or locations from the Native Access preferences?

I get that, that is an option but why cant the process just default and choose for me? I mean why is there so much expected of the consumer. Sorry frustrated. Also I did get everything onto my C drive and it nearly filled up the 100 gig so that's where my journey began trying to move items to the D drive. Man oh man I have a mess over here.

Anyway Thanks for listening.

• DaveM503

I this the source of my ills? I can't wrap my head around where products should go or do the default to auto locations? Is it up to my to figure all this out? I see tutorials renaming files and such, wth? Can't I just put C drive and it will find it's own spot? omg, I got the noob blues

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

looks like you did everything right in NA, so that is not the issue. You say the browser is empty, make sure that you are not inadvertently looking at the “User Preset” browser. At the top right of the browser is an icon that looks like a person. If that is selected, you will not see the factory content, so unselect it’s and see if that solves the issue. Since you are seeing the library paths in preferences, the content should be there…report back, post a screenshot of the Browser and of the preferences dialogue for clarity!!!