Missing plugins - already tried reinstalling (Maschine)

Options
hotsiam
hotsiam Member Posts: 7 Newcomer

After the most recent Maschine update, I had issues with a bug, where I was unable to drag and drop duplicate loop selections.

As soon as that bug was patched, my original issue was resolved but now all my plugins are missing.

I have followed trouble shooting prompts, such as uninstalling and reinstalling the plugins, and rescanning file path location etc, but they are still missing in Maschine.

This issue has been ongoing for several days now, and I would have thought a new patch would have come out by now, but no.

I have been using Maschine for 6 years and never had this many problems all occur at once, what on earth is going in?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Answers

• JEFFERYS
    JEFFERYS Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hi I m David and I ve got a lot of bugs myself. Dont Know if its coming from my laptop or Mashine…!? For example I m in the middle of a session and all of a sudden the whole thing dissappears…!! Another one ? When I charge a new song, my bass tracks turn up in a different key...!

Its funny at first but this happens practically every time I want to play...

If any one can help …thanks

• hotsiam
    Options

did devs abandon machine or something? wheres the community at? should I just switch DAWs at this point tf

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,948 mod
    Options

Are the paths to your plugins correct in Preferences>Plugins>Locations?

Have you reset the Maschine Database as described here?

• D-One
    Options

Make your own thread, do not hijack other people's threads with unrelated issues.

• hotsiam
    Options

I have reset machine database, and the paths to my plugins have been added

• hotsiam
    Options

Are the paths to my plugins structured incorrectly or something?

• hotsiam
    Options

Also, I just wanted to specify that the plugins that are missing are third party (non-Native Instrument) based plugins. Native instrument plugins such as replika and massive are working just fine.

• hotsiam
    Options

Also, to provide some context, the plugins went missing after:

1. I did a system restore/reset on windows 11.
    2. I did an update of Maschine/Native Instruments.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,360 mod
    Options

@Jeremy_NI , for some reason this thread has been marked as solved by I do not know who and user has been cross posting (so I deleted two additional threads on same topic). Could you please check to see if there is something that you have to add that might be of help ?

@hotsiam , Please do not open more threads on same topic. I have called for Jeremy_NI but do not know when he responds. If Jeremy_NI do not respond or have nothing to add then you can call dedicated Maschine support here : N.I. Maschine Support

• D-One
    Options

Looks OK, have you checked all those folders and verified the plugins are actually there?

Do you only get that "missing plugin" error when loading older projects? If you create a new a project and try to load them manually do they show up in the list?

• FilmlessSoundtracks
    FilmlessSoundtracks Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 17
    Options

to hotslam and others who are either missing plug-in, or can’t complete a full scan in stand alone mode. Been with N.I. For over 2 decades. The last Machine 2 update from yesterday actually took the software backwards. They changed the 2.18 update to 2.175. There are some weird things happening as you have experienced. If you are fortunate enough to get through a full scan, you can congratulate yourself for just that. After a week of spending probably 20 hours of trying to accomplish a full scan. Hallelujah! Excited right? Nope, the good news is I can load Arturia, AAS, Waves and Plug-in Alliance presets. The bad and surprising news is I can’t load a N.I. preset from any of its software except for the Machine 2 Library. I hear the sound I am trying to load, but it doesn’t load. My successful full scan took over 40 minutes. That’s in stand alone format. When I use it in a DAW, it takes less than a minute. Still can’t play any Native Instrument software, but I do have all of my expansions. So, I wrote about this back in 2022. Almost the same exact words. The challenge in my mind is do I try to complete a full scan on the next update? Actually, I think not. Last time I tried to do that before, this once in a lifetime full complete scan, I lost everything except for my Expansions and Machine Libraries. As you know, Arturia, AAS, Plug-in Alliance and KVR products provide an awful lot of presets. I don’t want to lose them again. I think I am going to keep it as just as it is, not being able to load N.I. software. Of course that means, no Massive, no Reactor, no Kontakt, and the other essential N.I. VST’s is a bummer. I conclude, who does an update going backwards. The update yesterday was to 2.175. Before yesterday Native Instruments was bragging about the 2.18 update. Crazy! One last comment. Do you think Native Instruments is more interested in sales now that they have abandoned a Komplete 15 product. No, now hooking up to everyone else’s software they now are selling.. Expensive software that they don’t even make. The company has changed from being awesome to becoming a one stop shop to all the other Venders that have now joined up to be connected to Native Instruments. I am not going back to see a spell check on the above. See, I suffer from extreme peripheral neuropathy and it stings to write ✍️ this. It stings a lot.