Are the new Kontrol Sxx keyboards "class compliant"?

Options
MRK62
MRK62 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I greet you all. My name is Marco and I just signed up. I would like to buy the new Kontrol S61 mk3 soon, but first I would like to be sure that this device is compatible with iPad and/or iPhone. I couldn't figure out if it's a "class compliant" device. Can someone clear up this doubt for me?

Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have been unable to find any verifiable source to quote if the keyboard is "class compliant". I did however find a discussion for you here : "Using Komplete Kontrol S Series keyboards with an iPad (tested and working)" ,

quote discussion : Thanks for sharing. It is also possible to use the camera kit for iPad. I tested and it works with Kontrol S61 MK3, using the Korg Module app.
    Edit: There are kits with USB-C to [ USB-A (data) + headphone jack + USB-C (charging) ]

Also then this support article does not mention the keyboards but gives general guidance : How to Connect your NI Controller / Audio Interface to an iOS Device : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210280705-How-to-Connect-your-NI-Controller-Audio-Interface-to-an-iOS-Device

Otherwise the pre sales question can be directed at : N.I. Purchase Support

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 377 Pro
    Answer ✓
    Options

Should be class compliant, but, of course, the enhanced functionality (Komplete Kontrol, DAW control) won't be available then.

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have been unable to find any verifiable source to quote if the keyboard is "class compliant". I did however find a discussion for you here : "Using Komplete Kontrol S Series keyboards with an iPad (tested and working)" ,

quote discussion : Thanks for sharing. It is also possible to use the camera kit for iPad. I tested and it works with Kontrol S61 MK3, using the Korg Module app.
    Edit: There are kits with USB-C to [ USB-A (data) + headphone jack + USB-C (charging) ]

Also then this support article does not mention the keyboards but gives general guidance : How to Connect your NI Controller / Audio Interface to an iOS Device : https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210280705-How-to-Connect-your-NI-Controller-Audio-Interface-to-an-iOS-Device

Otherwise the pre sales question can be directed at : N.I. Purchase Support

• chk071
    Answer ✓
    Options

Should be class compliant, but, of course, the enhanced functionality (Komplete Kontrol, DAW control) won't be available then.

• MRK62
    MRK62 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Thank you for your timely responses. I will follow the advice given 😊

• chk071
    Options

If you want to know for sure, you should contact NI support indeed.