Native Access not downloading updates for NI instruments

Options
Chalkee69
Chalkee69 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, since the last update, I first had difficulty, and now cannot download updates to any of my NI instruments via Native Access. The downloader programme boots up ok and shows that I have five updates to install but when I try to do so, I get the dreaded red notice saying 'download error' (but, unhelpfully, no reason why). I have all of the following:

a. Disabled Kaspersky anti-virus

b. Disabled NKDaemon from Task Manager

c. Disabled my VPN

d. Uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of Native Access

I have wasted so much of my life with Native Access…I cannot believe that it is so bad. Can anyone save my sanity? Please!!!

Many thanks.

Chalkee

Tagged:

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,150 mod
    edited April 29
    Options

Hello,

have you tried to start native access as administrator, by right clicking on the program icon and select "start as administrator". Also try to clear the download folder.

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/de/articles/115005878409-Native-Access-Fehlermeldung-Download-Failed-Unknown-error

• Chalkee69
    Chalkee69 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi, thanks for the reply. The download folder was already empty. I tried running Native Access as an administrator but the same thing happened - failed download. I am totally at a loss as to what is happening with Native Access. Is there anything else I can do?

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,283 mod
    Options

Disabled NKDaemon from Task Manager

There must be some misunderstanding here. I don't think that Native Access is supposed to work at all with NTKDaemon disabled !

If you think that the problem is related to the latest version of Native Access then try the following :

Exit Native Access and then uninstall both Native Access and NTKDaemon using Windows app uninstall and then run the NI reg tool and remove anything Native Access and NTKDaemon .

If there is a problem uninstalling NTKDaemon (like if more minutes pass and the un-installation appear as not going anywhere) then open task manager and kill the NTKDaemon process.

Then delete the NativeAccess XML found in the directory : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center ( %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Native Instruments\Service Center )

Then (if still there) delete the whole Native Access directory located at : C:\Users\[YOUR User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Native Instruments\Native Access ( %AppData%\Native Instruments\ )

Then clear the download folder !

Reboot computer ,

Then download Native Access 3.8.1 (PC ONLY) and install that as an Admin and allow the installation and the NTKDameon access to install !

Alas Native Access are capable of screwing up everything to a degree where the above might not help , if it does not help then please contact N.I. Native Access and Installation Support

At the page N.I. Native Access and Installation Support be sure to scroll down to page bottom to see if there is a log-in request , if there is then log-in , at next page again scroll down and small blue chat box ought occur within 15 seconds. Then write in chat box and when getting suggestions then select did not help when it didn't , that ought to bring you on to either chat with human or open a ticket !

There has been introduced chat support for Native Access assistance (at least daytime on normal work days) :

Quote : For assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access, you'll have an option to initiate a chat session. Simply click on the chat icon located at the bottom right corner, and you'll be assisted by a virtual assistant. If your issue remains unresolved after consulting our help articles, a human chat agent will be available to assist you.

Please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !