The drag and drop drama! I AM PISSED...

Options
2»

Comments

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 111 Advisor
    Options

NI, is so sh** t right now. I'm so scared of every single update. Since last year its been a gamble whether or not a feature I love and use will be broken or omitted completely. I've had to downgrade some upgrades a couple times.

If it wasn't for my own commitment to their eco system I would've dropped them out of my life already, thats on me

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,364 Expert
    Options

@LostInFoundation suggested

too little testing

I‘d rather say insufficient test automation.

If random functionality breaks from one build to another, it’s mostly a sign of insufficient coverage from unit tests and other forms of automated testing.

Human testers are almost without chances in such a scenario, as unrelated random bugs can be introduced from one build to another and even when transferring from test builds to release builds.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 356 Advisor
    Options

Well it seems to me that we test over and over things that proved to be working fine and don't have to be changed up to the point where we convince ourselves that less is more, white is black, good is bad and downgrade is upgrade….. hum…. we are just fooling ourselves here

• Kaldosh
    Options

sure then , can’t leave in sulfur much longer

• Percivale
    Percivale Member Posts: 209 Advisor
    Options

Reading such threads gives a let's forget NI and move on vibes. It's fast approaching mid 2024. How far have we progressed say from a year ago?

• Kaldosh
    Options

Again, as much as the condescending pseudo pro atmosphere always takes people or productive acts down with pre conceived fate to any being chosen by any majority, it is happening at a global scale after a build up of snowball effects hyper concentrated to those "" previously mentioned with the firm intention to spin around the idea that it is always the same people fault…

Sorry if I end up in the wrong place at the wrong moment for the wrong reasons with wrong consequences

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Everyone using maschine mk3 + Maschine 2 software should give Bitwig studio a serious try…

My 2 cents

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I am glad that it seems more of mistake than anything else, in that case I am not upset honestly, as long they fix it soon.

I went all conspiracy theorist because it reminded me a lot of the KKSW issue, and I though that it couldn't be a coincidence! man I have a lot of respect for the people that run the services I use and like, but lately too many cheeky companies are trying to trap you in some sort of service.

anyway please let them know as I believe you can get in touch with them. I really need this fixed ASAP, it seems I forgot how to do music without that feature hahaha

• Milkman
    Milkman Member Posts: 219 Advisor
    Options

The bitwig scripts for the mk3 are great. Ive had some on/off difficulty using the maschine plugin inside bitwig and have spent a lot of time working on it, but I find using the mk3 in midi mode and using the bitwig scripts is usually a good experience. (flipping the mk3 to midi mode after launching the plugin in the DAW)

• donmaddonald
    donmaddonald Member Posts: 50 Member
    Options

yeh, honestly I think they are dropping way too many instruments and expansions, without focusing on providing a working solution, I think that the new KK-MK3 created chaos in matter of software, and maybe soon they will be back on providing stable softwares that actually do the job, without me worrying if MSW will crash on me or if the mixer will mix by itself or nobs do things by themself etc.

what if they stop with expansions and play series etc. for a second and just do bug fixes and overdue new features for MSW and KKSW? well I don't know.. I guess a business is a business money over everything.

we were waiting for years for the sampler that key detects samples, and now there are samplers that do steam separation, yet, the sampler in MSW do not key detect, do not keep the tempo when changing the tune etc, that's why I need the drag and drop feature in the first place, my stock logic sampler does way more stuff than the MSW one, or at least way more easier and quicker.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,864 mod
    edited April 30
    Options

Yes and with Bitwig's Device Panels it's an awesome and very comprehensive solution for Kontrol - I assume you meant the MOSS scripts, which go way beyond the NI scripts

• Milkman
    Options

I use the Moss scripts, but find the native Bitwig MK3 script easier for what I do. I dont use the maschine sequencer, never have, so I need my DAW to read/write all midi through the maschine plugin and I like the more minimal BWS script.

Something changed in maschine and/or KK code in the last 4 months, and my once perfectly functional Bitwig template (created and used on 5.x.x) just… stopped working for maschine. I started getting "transport loop / cycle" errors and audio engine freezing coming from Bitwig when my normal routing was in place, so I had to remove the maschine plugin, go to midi mode, put the plugin back. Bitwig support is working with me and have also reproduced the issue. (This is with maschine plugin on 1 instrument track, connected back to 2-3+ midi tracks on different channels, allowing midi in/out like in cubase. This suddenly stopped working 3 months ago).

• HugoClubs
    HugoClubs Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I didnt even try to use the Maschine software inside Bitwig 😅 given how deep the integration is with Bitwig. I also have the Maschine jam, and they both work very well.

My main daw is still Logic, but as I learn I am considering switching to Bitwig, as I can have the best of both worlds.

It’s great to know you found an error and the Bitwig team acknowledge it and will probably fix it 👏

• Milkman
    Options

So far, in my roughly 10 months on Bitwig (since 4.x), the team has been responsive, they have assisted me in troubleshooting via email, and many additions and improvements have been made, including 5.00 and all the way to 5.2 beta. They have earned my trust, at this point.

Right now I still have to switch to Cubase 12 or 13 to get maschine working 100% as intended…. (1 instrument, multiple midi in/out), but this has actually been somewhat refreshing and Ive started to find alternatives to maschine/NI entirely, such as Triaz. So I dont really even use Maschine inside Bitwig anymore, I just use the mk3 in midi mode to control Triaz, which also loads my entire maschine expansion library lol.