The drag and drop drama! I AM PISSED...

Options
donmaddonald
donmaddonald Member Posts: 50 Member

I want to start saying that I don't really like to complain in general, as I imagine that it takes hard work to deliver a generally very good service.

However this time I am upset about the new update of Maschine (software), as they removed the drag and drop option of the browser files.

Same thing happened before with the Komplete Software, and a lot of people across the internet complained about that.

Regardless of knowing that the drag and drop feature was highly requested (as it is proven by being one of the topics for the roadmap of updates for Komplete), NI remove it also from Maschine software, so my question is WHY? to force us to only stay on your software? your pride is to promote the creativity for the artist and you basically ruining workflows seemingly on propose just to force us to use your software? that we have already bought and given you user base that is very devoted, which means that most of us don't have only one or two plugins from you, but most likely most of your catalogue.

can you please put back the drag and drop feature ASAP at least in one of your flagship softwares, because it makes no sense at all.

Comments

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,165 Guru
    Options

What drag and drop feature? Maybe explain a little more what exactly you're trying to do.

D&D from where to where?

Bear in mind that it could just be accidental, as it's a new build. Maybe a box didn't get ticked when they compiled it.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,818 mod
    Options

Same thing happened before with the Komplete Software, and a lot of people across the internet complained about that.

I think this is a bug or oversight, it is not the same thing as happened with Komplete Kontrol. With Komplete Kontrol what was removed was the ability to drag and drap samples (or anything) from the browser either internally to a plugin or sampler module) or externally to a host

The issue here with Maschine is drag and drop from the actual main browser (the one that is equivalent to the one in KK) does still work so this has not been removed, it seems to be only the files browser (which KK doesn't even have) where it isn't working. So I think this is hopefully just an oversight and have reported it as a bug. If it is not then we can all be pissed :)

However it would be daft for NI to do this deliberately, not only knowing how strong user feeling is over this in KK but also after having said they are planning to bring it back in the roadmap (but NI do do daft things on occasion).

• donmaddonald
    Options

yeh, now they will take another 54 years to update Maschine I bet! this really bothers me, I really have a tight workflow with maschine inside logic, so I like to do some stuff in MSW, while doing that, I like to D&D one-shots to my logic sampler to do some sound design etc…

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,165 Guru
    Options

What's MSW?

• donmaddonald
    Options

Maschine SoftWare

• Kymeia
    edited April 28
    Options

As I said you can still D&D from the browser so can't you add your sample locations (using import) so they show in the browser and not have to browse to them in the files tab? That's what I do, I don't generally even use the files tab except to do the initial import to get them in the browser

• donmaddonald
    Options

I don't understand what you mean.. what I do is I open Maschine (or Komplete once upon a time).. pick my sample, drag it in the DAW timeline or sampler, always worked smoothly as I could do stuff in Maschine and stuff in my DAW without the hustle of navigating between folders. it was simple and fast. now I can't drag.. in both softwares and that piss me off. if I have to import stuff.. it defeat the purpose isn't it? it was a brag at the beginning i remember…

• Kymeia
    edited April 29
    Options

What I mean is use the main browser rather than the file browser - dragging from the file browser is broken (and some other things it is inconsistently working like in the mixer) and that should get fixed, but at least for dragging samples the main browser is working for me - see below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4lbfb8r05hicvu1/Screen%20Recording%202024-04-29%20at%2007.41.31.mov?dl=0

You just need to import the folders with your samples into Maschine (which is really what the file browser is for)

• donmaddonald
    Options

I am talking about when you use MSW as a plug in, you could just go in the M browser, pick your sound and put it in, let say, logic. same as KKSW, but now you can't in both of them, what pisses me off, that was a big issue when happened first to KKSW, I personally dismissed it, as I was using MSW anyway, but other people were asking about it so much that NI planed to put back that feature in future updates of KKSW, knowing that information why the F. they repeat the same mistake? they already know that the users weren't happy with it..

as a stand alone, everything still works as usual, as plug in you can't even drag in the internal sampler as you showed me.

• Kymeia
    edited April 29
    Options

Yes you are right, in the plugin it is more broken, I can get some samples to drag but it is not consistent - ironically I can drag from the file browser more consistently in the plugin than the main browser. I will update my bug report

It is a bug that must have snuck in in the last release, I don't think it was intentional (I think that is clear given it is so inconsistent in its behaviour), and it is not the same issue as in removing it from Komplete Kontrol which took away drag and drop completely and for ridiculous reasons.

• Kaldosh
    Kaldosh Member Posts: 355 Advisor
    edited April 29
    Options

Well what is strange for me is that I can't drag and drop any of the first 4 lines of samples of whatever folder i am in though from the fifth line it works fine ….kind of weird.

Also It seems that my inputs for recording are messed up, having crackles and ground loops coming from I don't know where using my usual setup

From the Main browser in the One shot section I can only drag and drop from the third line

• Kymeia
    edited April 29
    Options

I wonder if something is off in the mouse select functions as it does the same in the mixer - the first channel is harder to drag from. Also I find for some samples if I click a few times it suddenly works due to just a slight change in mouse position

Hopefully an easy fix

• Kaldosh
    Options

If we could allow us to do our work we could get things done..; And nobody need a lesson about frustration at this point I am afraid

• Kaldosh
    Options

I also have bad drop outs at each scene change when playing son in arrangement

• Kaldosh
    Options

I hope I don't have to dig out all possible bugs in all that nonsense to burst an abcess