Maschine One

Options
Scoundrel
Scoundrel Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi. I recently purchased a Maschine One at a garage sale after the owner had died. I'm trying to find a way to get the required software but everywhere I look it says I should download Maschine 2 software update. However the downloads are out of date. Also it seems a little rough to pay £90 for the privilege of paying for software that was paid for when the macschine was purchased. I teach kids music technology so every penny counts. Chris

Comments

• solsta
    solsta Member Posts: 103 Helper
    Options

hey friend, I think MK1 is depreciated and the way it works is that each hardware product comes with a license key. So when you buy or sell a used one, there is normally a license transfer process so that you can access the software. The maschine can work as a midi controller but to access the software, you'd need the license, it's worth asking the seller if they have it still in their emails

210288845-Buying-or-Selling-a-Native-Instruments-Product-Second-Hand

This is what the seller would need to do:

https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/16704/which-licenses-to-i-need-to-transfer-when-selling-a-maschine-mk1

• solsta
    Options

By depreciated I meant that it may not be able to run the latest software, so you'll only have access to maschine up to a certain version if you get the license transfer done

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 611 Pro
    Options

A correction is in order here:

...it seems a little rough to pay £90 for the privilege of paying for software that was paid for when the macschine was purchased.

Not at all. The Maschine software can run on any PC or Mac and it does not require the Maschine hardware in any way. So if you got a free software license for your Maschine hardware bought at an estate sale, there would STILL be a copy of the software out there, and so one of those copies would be "unpaid for".

You teaching kids is a nice thing, but Native Instruments doesn't have any obligation to grant you free use of software that you're not licensed to use. If they did, then we would all be asking for it! I teach ducks. They're terrible students and they never practice, but I have faith! Some other guy here plays music for his dogs. We all deserve free software!

Sorry if that sounds uncaring. I suggest you reach out to the operator of the estate sale to see if they can help you with a license transfer. But that might not be possible, because people rarely pre-plan their death. In any event, good luck!

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,157 Guru
    Options

@solsta said:

depreciated

The correct word is deprecated. Depreciate has a different meaning.

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,603 admin
    Options

Hi @Scoundrel you can also get in touch with our support team directly to prove your ownership. We'll need the hardware serial number and the invoice. Please contact us here: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/sections/18115022767005

• solsta
    Options

Deep.

Spell check didn't flag it cos it's technically spelled correctly but yes deprecated is what I meant.