Which licenses to I need to transfer when selling a Maschine MK1?

Options
UltimateOutsider
UltimateOutsider Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

I own both a Maschine MK1 and a Maschine MK3, both of which I am selling.

When I look at the "Transfer a License" page, I see three entries:

• MASCHINE - Full Version
  • Maschine 2 Update - Update
  • MASCHINE MK3 HW - Full Version

QUESTION 1: If I want the buyer of my Maschine MK1 to be able to use the latest Maschine software from Native Access, do I need to transfer the "Maschine 2 Update" license to them as well?

QUESTION 2: Am I right in understanding that NI will provide the buyer a key for some version of Komplete Select once they register, so they can use Massive and Monark? I've noticed that most (all?) of the demo projects that ship with Maschine load plugins that are not included with the "Maschine 2" or "Maschine 2 Factory Library" installers.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@UltimateOutsider You are correct, the Maschine serial you had was just one serial for the hardware (MK1) and software (Maschine 1). You did the right thing when transferring the licenses.

Answers

• Kubrak
    Kubrak Member Posts: 2,797 Expert
    Options

Q1 :

A) To transfer MK3 you need to transfer only MASCHINE MK3 HW - Full Version. User will get current Maschine 2 licence and if Komplete Select was bundled (I think it was) he will get current KS, so Komplete 14 Select.

Maschine 2 and Komplete Select will stay at your account, user will get new licences.

B) In case of Mk1, I am not sure. So, just guessing....

You do not mention, Maschine MK1 HW licence, so I assume, you have not registered it. So, no need to include it in licence transfer, if it is so. The licence number was printed on small card, maybe it is also printed on sticker placed on MK1.

And you should transfer MASCHINE - Full Version and MASCHINE MK3 HW - Full Version. I guess, that in this case, licences will not stay at your account.

Also, you did not mention anything about Komplete Selection or Komplete Select that came with MK1. If it is not on your account, you have not registered it and licence number should be printed on small card. Maybe the same like the licence code for MK1 HW, I do not remember exactly.....

Note- NI has changed the way licences are handled when transferred several years ago. That time NI said, that for some older HW old rules would be used, for new and some old HW new rules would be used.

So, it may happen that even in case MK1, licences will stay at your accountand user gets new ones....

Q2:

In case of MK3, when MK3 HW licence is transferred and imported to a new user's account, he will get all SW that comes with MK3. It should be Maschine 2 and (IMHO) Komplete 14 Select (user will get current version, not necesarily the version you have).

In case of MK1, it is more unclear.... My guess is, that user will get SW that you include in transfer. And if not registered yet, what registration codes you pass on. MK1 is old, so maybe better to open Support ticket and ask NI.

• UltimateOutsider
    UltimateOutsider Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hmm, when I look at my products and serials, I assumed that this entry was my Maschine MK1 hardware/product registration:

• MASCHINE - Full Version

which I thought entitled me to Maschine 1.0 software, and then this license:

• Maschine 2 Update - Update

I assumed entitled the owner of the first one to update the software to 2.0. Is that not correct?

Does anyone here have a mk1 Maschine registered to their account who can confirm whether they have a separate "MASCHINE HW" serial on their account?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,797 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

@UltimateOutsider You are correct, the Maschine serial you had was just one serial for the hardware (MK1) and software (Maschine 1). You did the right thing when transferring the licenses.