Driver Problem on a S88 MK3 on Windows 10

Options
feedin
feedin Member Posts: 3 Member

Hello dear members of this community.
I recently bought an NI S88 MK3 and for a week now I have had the problem that after entering the serial number I am asked to upgrade the firmware. You should upgrade from 0.27 to version 1.57. As described on the web, the update cannot be carried out. The community describes how to proceed in order to upgrade a faulty driver with a patch version. Although there are dozens of guides that mention the NIEditedDriver.zip package, I'm looking for this driver package because it only seems to be sent via email from Native Instruments. Can someone help me find this package so that I can put the S88 into operation. At the moment nothing works because S88 requires this firmware update. Thank you very much for your help and support.
André Brändli

Best Answer

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    edited March 30 Answer ✓
    Options

The pack is linked to here , however please notice the Jeremy_NI post below regarding the updating your driver and the other posts in the thread !

Answers

• feedin
    edited March 30
    Options

The current drivers finding after installation of Komplete Kontrol Hardware Connection Service in my system is version 6.2.039 released 30.03.2023 consisting from the tree files nikksm3dfu.cat, nikksm3dfu.inf, nikksm3dfu.sys. So I think that are old drivers. I hope that the NIEditedDriver pack contains newer ones.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,931 mod
    edited March 30 Answer ✓
    Options

The pack is linked to here , however please notice the Jeremy_NI post below regarding the updating your driver and the other posts in the thread !

• feedin
    Options

Thank you very much. Finally after long time I was able to install the driver and it works now!