Hard disk and Native Access problems

Options
Maxpense
Maxpense Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

Hello,

I just bought a new macbook pro M3. I have re-downloaded my Native Access software where I had bought a large Komplete Ultimate pack. On my old Mac I had put all the Native products on a hard disk. I've just plugged my hard disk into my new Mac, and my instruments are inside, but Native Access doesn't detect them and offers to install my instruments. I don't want to remove my software from my hard disk because it could tire it out. Do you know how I can get Native Access to detect the instruments already on my hard disk?

Thank you in advance 😊

Tagged:

Best Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 12 Answer βœ“
    Options

Not having a Mac and neither never tried the at the below linked to video nor ever reinstalled my NI libraries then I am not sure if this post is still valid :

Tips: Transfer all your Komplete products to a new Mac without reinstalling (not only Kontakt libs) : https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5310/tips-transfer-all-your-komplete-products-to-a-new-mac-without-reinstalling-not-only-kontakt-libs

Also : I think that there is a shift coming in general that will allow you to just 'Locate' the libraries as you would with third-party installed content. But you could check if there is a locate option when when you click the three little dots in lower right side of product picture to see if it will allow you to use the files that you have already !

As far as I know then if not here already in part then it is in the works to do what Hayo_NI called "Slim Content Tech" it has just not arrived yet and Hayo_NI and the rest of the team has got quite a lot on his/their plate as it is !

Quote Hayo_NI on October 2023 :

installers are going away in most cases and switching to slim content tech that removes the need for installers. This will also allow you to update products by updating only the files affected. Ergo, we're not investing much more time on enhancing the experience with our existing installers right now, unfortunately.

P.S.

There is already a working Re-locate function in Native Access if you move the content after installation but for new install then I think that you have to use locate if that works now (?) , else try looking at the video that at least was valid for Apple Mac !

• Maxpense
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Thank you very much for you help, i did it with your video it was very useful !

Have a good day ! ;)

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,822 mod
    edited March 12 Answer βœ“
    Options

Not having a Mac and neither never tried the at the below linked to video nor ever reinstalled my NI libraries then I am not sure if this post is still valid :

Tips: Transfer all your Komplete products to a new Mac without reinstalling (not only Kontakt libs) : https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/5310/tips-transfer-all-your-komplete-products-to-a-new-mac-without-reinstalling-not-only-kontakt-libs

Also : I think that there is a shift coming in general that will allow you to just 'Locate' the libraries as you would with third-party installed content. But you could check if there is a locate option when when you click the three little dots in lower right side of product picture to see if it will allow you to use the files that you have already !

As far as I know then if not here already in part then it is in the works to do what Hayo_NI called "Slim Content Tech" it has just not arrived yet and Hayo_NI and the rest of the team has got quite a lot on his/their plate as it is !

Quote Hayo_NI on October 2023 :

installers are going away in most cases and switching to slim content tech that removes the need for installers. This will also allow you to update products by updating only the files affected. Ergo, we're not investing much more time on enhancing the experience with our existing installers right now, unfortunately.

P.S.

There is already a working Re-locate function in Native Access if you move the content after installation but for new install then I think that you have to use locate if that works now (?) , else try looking at the video that at least was valid for Apple Mac !

• Maxpense
    Answer βœ“
    Options

Thank you very much for you help, i did it with your video it was very useful !

Have a good day ! ;)