Native access crash on MacOS 11/Big Sur

KAUFMANN
KAUFMANN Member Posts: 3 Member
edited October 22 in Native Access

osx Big Sur 11.7.10

Hello,

Native Access is not running. Can not open it. All authorisation of my plugins are not anymore available . I can not work

I need assistance quick please.

I did uninstall properly native access.

All privacy permissions are ok.

Best Answer

Answers

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 4,192 mod

There have been more issues with Native Access V.3.9.0 for some Mac users, if your issue belongs to that group I don't know.

As a Mac user it is important to double check that ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon must have full disk access !!!

If none of the trouble-shooters below helps then try installing a Native Access version earlier than V.3.9.0 , if nothing else then the legacy version (NI have so far not posted any links to alternative downloads in connection with their V.3.9.0 Mac mishap )

Else try these trouble shooters : be sure to be using latest version of Native Access for your OS (unless you are using a legacy OS , Mac 10.15 and earlier / Win 7 downloads),

Then try resetting the Native Access XML file , look at section 8 here : My Product is Missing in Native Access

If issue persists then try the following Trouble shooter here : My Products Are Showing As DEMO in Native Access , especially '2. Your activation fails because of corrupted or missing activation tokens' and '3. You have corrupted XML files'

How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS

Notes on Network Drives and Disk Formats

Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on macOS

• KAUFMANN

Thank you PoorFellow for you're help.

But this is not useful.

I do everything about privacy, ALL NI apps including NTKDaemon must have full disk access.

My problem is : Native Access do not start.

When I double clicking on the icon , nothing happened.

TERMINAL : I have this message :

Last login: Sun Mar 10 17:24:14 on console

/Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access ; exit;      

erickaufmann@erics-pro-2 ~ % /Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access ; exit;

[80717:0310/224623.883115:ERROR:node_bindings.cc(152)] Fatal error in V8: v8::Template::Set Invalid value, must be a primitive or a Template

zsh: segmentation fault /Applications/Native\ Access.app/Contents/MacOS/Native\ Access

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

Deleting expired sessions...none found.

• KAUFMANN

Temporarily, I found a solution, but which does not solve the impossibility of opening Native Access.

Using Time Machine made in early February, I replaced all the files in the library corresponding to Native Access. Today, I can therefore use my instruments.

I am waiting for an update of Native Access ...

• PoorFellow

I am rather sure that your problem will be solved if you install the Native Access version 3.8.1 , alas then N.I. have as far as I know still not yet neither fixed the Mac problem with the version 3.9.0 nor supplied an alternative download of the version 3.8.1 . They have it on Mac informer but alas I don't know if it is a safe download !

• Marky50
    Marky50 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Hi I am having a similar problem but Native Access opens ok, its just that all the sounds are not loaded up and can't be loaded. My sounds are all on my hard drive which is working perfectly, but Native access says the path is invalid. It is even saying that I need to register Kontakt 7 again, and my Kontrol MK3 isn't working. Any help would be great as I am in the middle of sooo many projects !!

cheers

Mark

• PoorFellow
    edited March 12

Please open a thread of your own in the appropriate sub-forum and give all necessary information including computer type , OS version , Native Access version, Komplete Kontrol app version , Kontakt version and Keyboard model and any other info that might be of help including error messages ! Then (and only because it is at present time, March 2024, and that you have a Kontrol MK3 problem) call for Matthew_NI like I tag you here @Marky50 (Otherwise then generally , please do not tag Matthew_NI)

Or alternatively contact support right away instead !

• ilove1981
    ilove1981 Member Posts: 124 Advisor

I've just had exactly the same issue. Thankfully, my MacBook does a TimeMachine backup regularly to my NAS so I reverted to 3.8.1 but as soon as you restart 3.8.1 it just auto-installs 3.9.0 and stops working again! NI, come on, this is not acceptable.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,851 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey all, Native Access 3.9.1 is out and fixes the issue, you can download it from here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/

• chrisedu
    chrisedu Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Same issue, only thing I could do was to copy the previous version from timemachine backup and block all communications from the app to NI to prevent it to update automatically again.

• PoorFellow

I have made an extremely simple 'mod' for PC version to turn off auto-update that might work on Mac also , I just don't know where files are on Mac and if they are the same. Please provide feedback if you try to use the 'mod'.

• chrisedu
    chrisedu Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

Btw I tried Native Access 3.11.0 and same problem persists.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,851 mod
This discussion has been closed.