Tried running Neutron in Maschine and caused lag on the sound on which it was applied

Options
OrenJellow
OrenJellow Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

Mixing fully in Maschine is probably not the best option but it's all I have for now. I tried adding neutron to a kick and the kick started to lag behind the rest of the song. I have minimal VSTs running and there are only around 10 tracks.

Is this normal behavior? My PC is no slouch. I'm guessing since Maschine is handling all of the midi and song construction that trying to mix on top of that is the issue? Just looking for a little clarification and peace of mind.

Best Answer

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Some plugins cause latency. A DAW would generally have latency compensation. In other words, it would add latency to all other tracks to match the latency caused by the plugin. Maschine doesn't have latency compensation.

This isn't about your computer being strong enough. Many of the izotope plugins will add latency as a byproduct of how they function. It's not something to fix; but you'll need to use them in a proper DAW.

Answers

• darkwaves
    darkwaves Member Posts: 342 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options

Some plugins cause latency. A DAW would generally have latency compensation. In other words, it would add latency to all other tracks to match the latency caused by the plugin. Maschine doesn't have latency compensation.

This isn't about your computer being strong enough. Many of the izotope plugins will add latency as a byproduct of how they function. It's not something to fix; but you'll need to use them in a proper DAW.

• OrenJellow
    OrenJellow Member Posts: 10 Newcomer
    Options

Thanks, I appreciate that. I came back to say just that. I found out that Maschine does not have latency compensation.