Native Access 2 - Latest Version?

Options
Neil AU
Neil AU Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

My current version is 3.8.1 (862876e / 1.15.2.0). There is no mention of whether it is Native Access 2 or not. Does anybody know if this is the latest version and if it is Native Access 2, please? Would appreciate if someone could give me a yes or no answer.

Thanks everybody!

Tagged:

Comments

• DarrenMcMS
    DarrenMcMS Member Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 6
    Options

Yes,that is the broken version which gives all kinds of errors downloading instruments.

Hopefully a fix soon from NI.

Very frustrating software.

All my other product launchers are flawless.

I think NI have been bought by someone else and the quality control has plummeted down the drain.

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 514 Pro
    Options

That is the current and latest version of Native Access. There's nothing broken about it and it works just fine as long as you actually know how to use a computer adequately and can read a manual. But there will always be users that blame everyone else for their personal inadequacies. Best to just move on and enjoy the product I say...

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 3,215 mod
    edited March 6
    Options

Yes ! , I myself always found it extremely confusing why it is called Native Access 2 , especially since I believe that there actually were a version 2 but later it changed to version 3.xx while still being called version 2 !

The download link here says version 2 : https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/native-access-2/ , and the downloaded file itself says version Native-Access_2.exe but still it is all version 3.xx .

But no wonder if you are confused. The only way it all makes sense is to say that Native Access changed it from being a version name and started being just a name , most likely because if you constantly changes version numbering in description , help pages , and downloads then it would give reason to not only a lot of work administering some pages and some information but also it would give a lot of work administering the web pages and the downloads.

So now the file that you download when downloading the newest and present version of Native Access is called Native Access 2 no matter which actual version number that it has !

And as DunedInDragon wrote then the newest version is generally working. It is an app being in constant development and OS' and OS internals are constantly changing , and so is other apps, which of course from time to time give reasons to mishaps. But unless that you have specific reasons for not doing so (including using a 'legacy' OS not compatible) then you should use the present version of the Native Access app !

• Juliette
    Juliette Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Hi, everything was working fine for us, told us to update and now the new version is making the app not run or even open at all. Downloaded the legacy 3.5.3 to be able to do our session today but can I have a link to the version PRIOR to the latest update now available ?

Thanks

• PoorFellow
    edited March 9
    Options

I have requested this in-directly , but I am just a Moderator (a user with forum editing abilities) and do not have any behind the scenes system access to furnish downloads and me not being on Mac then I only got the PC version ! (which version I think I have saved for personal use though have not tested what version it is !)

• PoorFellow
    Options
  • DaRoo
    DaRoo Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

****** NI - 27 plugins have just randomly deactivated themselves

• magicmickey
    magicmickey Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Any updates to Native Access? I'm missing some instruments.