Why does my Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3 Keeps turning on and then immediately shutting off

Options
quentbla
quentbla Member Posts: 10 Newcomer

My Traktor Kontrol S2 mk3 keeps turning on and then immediately shutting off. i have installed all the updates on native . Sometimes it turns on by itself after leaving it for 15 minutes minimum. I cant find a solution .. can anyone help. Thanks heaps

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,072 mod
    Options

Hello,

have you tried another cable or another USB port?

• quentbla
    Options

Hello, I did but not working light turns on then off. i can find the controller device in the usb section of the mac as well, so it might be a harware problem. i tried to install the latest firmwave update but same it s not recognised by the updater app so i cant scan it and run the updates…. it s a mess and NI only give me one solution to send over my device for repair at my cost..

• zephry
    zephry Member Posts: 587 Pro
    Options

If you can try different computer to see if it is the controller before sending in for repairs or warranty.

• quentbla
    Options

That @zephry i did try on multiple computer the same happend...

• JASON479
    JASON479 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

ANY FIXES?

• Paulis
    Paulis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Hi @quentbla. Any solutions? I've just set up my Traktor Kontrol S2 Mk3, and happens exactly the same.

I haven't found any way to contact NI support (the web page turns me to the starting point of my quest) and, possibly worst, I'm in Mexico. So the solution of sending over my device for repair is impossible. It's a brand new equipment.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,810 mod
    Options

You ought to be able to reach support if you click through the right way (select right answers)

Also , please refer to the page : How to get in touch with our Customer Care or read my Support page functionality changes post here !

• quentbla
    Options

Hey guys no nothing i tried everything and now @nativeinstruments customer service dont even reply my mail… really good customer service.

It 's a real mess now i have a controller but cant use it , i can throw it away or sell it for parts.

wHAT a shame really.

Anyway if someone has a new solution hit me up . thanks

• Uwe303
    Options

Maybe support needs a bit more time, I can mark @Kaiwan_NI and she can have a look into your support ticket.

• Paulis
    Paulis Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

@PoorFellow I've read the possibilities you offer me, but I steal haven't been able to reach support. Although I've tried in different browsers, it's still the same. I've always end in a loop.

I don't know if the links in support pages are wrongly configured. But even the Chat option doesn't appear in my case.

@Uwe303 , could you help me here? I don't know if it's just lack of insufficient power supply due to my device (usb 3.0 port). Or is it something related in fact with the equipment I just bought. I have installed Native Access, registered the equipment and, yet, it doesn't works.

I've just purchased the power supply hoping that will solve the problem. But meanwhile, I still can't use the new Traktor Kontrol and I have no idea why. I'm feeling just like @quentbla .

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,810 mod
    Options

I've always end in a loop.

The 'loop' depends on answers provided by you , you are able to use up arrow at the right side to go back and change your answer/response.

I don't know if the links in support pages are wrongly configured. But even the Chat option doesn't appear in my case

Chat is only available for assistance with purchases, accounts, and Native Access , otherwise not. I can however not exclude some site functionality problem , that has been seen before. However for making a ticket then you ought to be able to 'break the loop' by selecting the correct answer to the questions ! Also then since Uwe303 has called for Kaiwan_NI then I can not call for anyone else !

• Uwe303
    edited 12:21PM
    Options

Have you tried to look into device manager if you use windows, and look for all s2 related devices. Does it work as audio interface? And have you added it as controller in traktor settings, most, if not all lights, go on again if you use it with traktor.