Script for Maschine Mk3 slows down Ableton a lot, is a new script coming out soon or is there a fix?

Options
kosky
kosky Member Posts: 7 Newcomer
As per title. I put the scripts in the Ableton folder and suddenly my Ableton instance became extremely slow even at slow load. I removed them and it's running awesomely again. Is there any fix to this? I literally bought the Mk3 to be used as a controller and I can't do anything with it because if I set up the scripts then Ableton is literally unusable.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@kosky Which script do you mean? These will probably not get updated. Not sure what your issue is. More details would be necessary, like what script you're using, what version of Ableton you're using, your operating system, etc....

• Maxray
    Maxray Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Kosky is talking about the Ableton Script that is downloaded from NI support. It does the same to me!

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@Maxray There are 8 different scripts in that article: How to Install MASCHINE Templates for Ableton Live

Which one and which version of Ableton, what operating system? This way we can try to reproduce the issue.

• kosky
    Options

Hi again! So, in my case I got the script from here:

It's the script for Windows/Live 11 for the Maschine mk3.

I contacted Ableton which, after looking at the Status Report, confirmed something was wrong with the script itself.

I'm on Windows 10 (64bit) and using the latest Ableton 11 both updated to the latest available version.

PS: Jeremy love that profile picture

• kosky
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Hi Jeremy, got any news?

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,152 Guru
    Options

Is that ("Something is wrong") literally all they said?

• kosky
    Options

@PK The DJ they said that, since they Update the API quite frequently, it could be that something broke. From what they said NI reverse engineer the original Push Script and adapt it to the Maschine. Because the last Script of the Update was pushed on 2021, they think that something changed in the meanwhile

• PK The DJ
    Options

I'm going to give it a try here. I just installed the template.

• kosky
    Options

@PK The DJ Hi there! Were you able to replicate?

• PK The DJ
    Options

I didn't try it yet.

• myalteredsoul
    myalteredsoul Member Posts: 202 Advisor
    Options

Can confirm, the Maschine mk3 script makes ableton come to a crawl. If you use multiple groups, it freezes Ableton when you expand or collapse them. Ableton support gave me a similar answer, and he script is using outdated api calls.

• Jeremy_NI
    edited March 14
    Options

Hey there, Sorry, I'm still in the process of configuring a PC to test and din't get a chance yet. Also trying to get some more info.

Is this started after an Ableton update?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

Hey there, the Maschine team shared these update script, can you give it a go and let us know if that fixes the issue for you?

• Jeremy_NI
    Options

@kosky @myalteredsoul @Maxray Have you tried the script I posted? Does it fix the issue?

• kosky
    Options

@Jeremy_NI Hi Jeremy, I've been rather busy lately but I hope I will have time by the weekend :) Thank you for your patience