MK3 stutters and audio input flickers on MacOS

Options
Junolab
Junolab Member Posts: 21 Member
edited February 18 in Maschine

I never had a problem with my Maschine MK2, but after updating to the MK3, it's almost unusable. I've had it like this for 6+ months but recently decided to try to update to Sonoma and use Logic Pro X to see if my old Venture + Reaper was the issue.

Recording

I now can see that the MacOS "warning" in the topbar shows up, but stutters at the same time that the audio is stuttering.

As the MK2 didn't have an interface, this may be the issue as the MK3 is interfering? I use an RME Babyface Pro FS as an interface.

Has anyone ever seen something like this before?

Tagged:

Answers

• Vic Angelo
    Vic Angelo Member Posts: 108 Advisor
    Options

I'm sorry to say, but I think Maschine isn't compatible with Sonoma yet.

• Junolab
    Options
  • 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    Options

i had the same issue with the mic icon blinking.... which in my case caused the playback to stutter, across applications whether Reaper/Maschine/VDJ

i dont have that issue now, i dont recall how i fixed it either...

but i do remember taking the time to attempt to understand part of the cause... which in part was related to application calls for the the mic to be used, which is plainly obvious!!

again unsure how i resolved while on Ventura...i peronally havent bothered updating with sonoma, in fact i've gone the opposite way, by downgrading to Big Sur on one of the m1 mac's i have, the other still remains on ventura 11.2

• 6xes
    6xes Member Posts: 640 Pro
    edited February 19
    Options

@Junolab

i just had a thought pop into my mind....

and im unsure if this will relate to the issue of the mic blinking aspect which i witnessed in your video....

but i do recall an odd thing which was related to my audio interface, in that i own a audio4c by icconnectivity, which has a habit of sending sysex messages through the interface, which in turn alerts me a firmware update is available....

i was always puzzled by this seemingly random behaviour, as it oddly affected my midi/audio stream and caused odd squeaky blipping sounds to come from the audio interface, i dont know why icconectivity do it this way...

so on the off-chance that something similar may be occurring with your audio-interface....

check if there is a firmware update re-your audiointerface alerting you from the manufacturers, it may have some bearing on what you are experiencing re mic flickering

• Junolab
    Options

Thanks thats a good suggestion I'll be looking for when I get home! I have updated the RME interface to the newest driver and from other communities I can see that others have this solution working so it is a bit weird.